Chapter One

"Hey, I gotta go to the bathroom." My boyfriend yelled over the loud music.

"Ok." I smiled before ordering another drink.

As I sipped my drink, time passes rather quickly. Eventually I do in fact notice that he's been gone for half an hour.

Should I even get up? I might face plant.

Eh he's my boyfriend, I have to.

So as any normal drunk girlfriend would, I stand and wobble through the crowd, heading towards the men's bathroom. But on my way there, something catches my eye.

My boyfriend dancing with some blonde tramp!

Now normally I wouldn't mind and just think "it could be a relative." But he had his hands on her hips as he thrusted his hips against her ass, dancing like no cousins would (except maybe in Alabama). But this is Jersey!

I sighed and rolled my eyes, walking back to the counter. "Three more shots please." I asked, considering he was paying.

"Ok." The bartender said. "Ima need to see some ID."

I nodded and reached into my purse, pulling out the ID, proving that I'm twenty three years old. He smiled lightly and said, "Sorry miss. I've had a little too much to drink myself. Coming right up."

I chuckled at that and took my ID back before he walked off. Once he came back with what I ordered, I downed all three, one after the other before I walked out.

It was freezing cold out here.

And it's raining.

I don't remember my way home.

And I'm alone.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, followed by a voice: "Hello love. What're you doing out here all alone?"

I spun around, but no one was there. Am I really this drunk?

"You smell like bourbon." The voice spoke again from behind.

I spun around again to face a man with a black umbrella over his shoulders, hiding his face.

"Y-yeah. Walking home from the bar."

"What a shame. No one to walk with you?"

I shook my head. "I really need to go though." I said, beginning to walk past him, but he stepped in front of me. I gulped in fear and stepped back a little bit.

He slowly lowered his umbrella, closing it before setting it on the ground.

And then he disappeared. I gasped and started looking around, too stunned to move.

"How drunk are you?" He whispered in my ear making me jump and turn around, backing away from him.

"Y-your not human." I stated.

"I was once, but being undead is so much more fun." He said, leaning back and taking a seat mid air. "Would you like to try it?"

I could make out some of his features from the street light shining above him. He had longish black hair that came down to about his chin, his skin was white as snow, his eyes glowed a crimson red and to match: two pointing fangs stuck out from his smile.

"V-vampire?" I questioned.

He giggled lightly and once again disappeared. "Bingo! And your blood smells delicious.." he said and pressed a gentle kiss to my neck.

"What is it you want? Death... or to live forever."

"N-neither." I stuttered.

"Your a real gem though, I'd hate to have to kill someone as perfect as you." He whispered, twirling a lock of my hair around his finger.

"Wouldn't you like to be like me, darling?"

"No!" I shouted and moved away from him only to lose my balance and fall to the ground. Stupid alcohol. He slowly walked towards me, and crouched down in front of me before crawling over me. I leaned back as far away from him as I could only to find myself laying on the ground. He slowly grabbed my wrists as he climbed over me, pinning them beside my head. I was too drunk to fight it, or maybe he was too drunk to allow it.

"Tell me, my beautiful angel.. have you ever wondered what human blood tastes like?"

I shook my head as he slowly as he leaned down towards my neck. I squirmed and moved, trying to get him away from me only for him to grasp both my wrists in both hands and move his other down to my neck, holding me still but still loose enough so I could breath.

"Gerard, let's not play with our food." Another strange voice spoke and without another second, I felt an excruciating sensation emerge from my neck. His hand that was around my neck was now held tightly over my mouth so I couldn't scream.

"Mm! Mmm!" I hummed in pain as I tried to get away until eventually my vision began to blur and I blacked out.