Chapter Three

We walked into what looked to be a living room only to see two boys sitting on the couch. "Guys! We have a new friend." Frank smiled excitedly.

They both looked up at me and within a flash were standing in front of me, inspecting every inch of me. The boy with glasses sniffed my neck a few times in which I jerked away from him. "Hi.. to you too." I muttered as the one in the Afro lifted my arm.

"What is she?" The one with the fro asked.

"She's a human idiot." Four eyes answered.

"Yeah but she has fangs and red eyes." The fro said.

"She's half, and civilized." Gerard explained.

"You two don't get out much do you..?" I asked, letting them basically INSPECT me.

"No, not really. Why? Does it show?" Four eyes said and pushed his glasses up.

I shook my head. "Nope, couldn't tell."

"Oh, good." He smiled proudly.

Gerard sighed and said, "This is my little brother. Mikey. And this is Ray."

Ray stopped investigating me and now stood in front of me, next to Mikey. "Nice to meet you. Sorry, the only guests we really have are food." He chuckled in embarrassment.

"That's ok. I'm Charlotte."

"Charlie." Mikey stated.

"Oh, no. Charlo-"

"He's giving you a nickname. He does that so he won't forget you." Gerard explained.

"Yeah, do you like Charlie?" Mikey asked.

"Mmm... not exactly. That's a little.. boyish, don't you think?" I cringed.

"Yeah I suppose. Lot- lotte- Lottie..? Lottie."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Sure, I suppose you can call me Lottie."

His smile grew even bigger and he engulfed me in a hug. "Okay."

I hugged back slightly before Gerard pulled him back. "Mikey, she's a girl. She doesn't want hugs all the time."

Mikey pouted.

"How.. old are you?" I asked, now realizing how small he was.

"Eleven." He stated. "Can I show you my room?"

"Hey! It's our room!" Ray complained. "Can we?" He then asked me, grabbing my hand.

I looked up at Gerard only for him to roll his eyes. Frank simply laughed.

"Sure. I'd love to see your guy's room."

The both smiled real big and dashed off, holding my wrist the whole way, which it was just down the hall.

Ray opened the door and stepped inside. I could tell he was now a little shy about it. "Sorry. It's kinda messy."

"Oh that's okay. My room is too." I said, looking around the room. They had bunk beds with a toy box beside it. A dresser across from the bunk beds, a closet bedside the dresser. It looked like a normal kids room. Something caught my eye though: a box of juice boxes?

"Can you guys have real food?" I asked.

"No, cause we're full vamped." Mikey said handing me a toy car. "Look at it."

"Wow, this is really cool." I said, acting excited. (Like any adult does with a kid.)"

"Do you want a snack?" Ray asked and walked over to the juice boxes piled on the dresser.