Chapter 16: Chunin Exams Part 2: The Final Journey

Three days later, Kazu and Ina were doing their activities and enjoying some peaceful time together, when they bumped into some of their friends they would spend some time with them just to do some light training before the next day of the final Chunin Exams.

When it was late in the evening Kazu treated Ina to some dinner, but Ina stopped walking when she saw she was standing outside of a ramen stand "Hey wait..." she said making Kazu turn around and look at her with a puzzling look "What's the matter?." he said wondering what's wrong, "I thought we wouldn't go out for a dinner date until tomorrow?." she said as she looked at him with a puzzled look of her own, "We are...I'm just treating you to a friendly dinner." he said with a reassuring smile on his face.

Walking into the ramen stand they both took their seats and ordered the same meal, they both ordered Coconut Curry Ramen which surprised Ina as she looked at Kazu's bowl and then looked at him "You like Coconut Curry Ramen?." she said waiting for his response, "Like it? I love this meal...I always try to get my mother to make more but I just ended up getting a bunk on the head." he said and chuckling but he suddenly stops chuckling after hearing Ina's words "I've never met anyone else that likes this meal." she said with a smile on her face and playfully eat a few of Kazu's noddle "Hey get your own." he said laughing a little as he does it back to her.

Ina giggled as he liked the way she's been treated and couldn't help remembering the way she reacted toward Kai and her teammates holding her back, "Am I...Am I falling for him," she said within her thoughts, but then she came out of her thoughts when Kazu nudged her a little "Ina...Are you okay? You've spaced out for five minutes..." he said being a little worried, "Oh...It's nothing Kazu just something on my mind." she said trying to change the subject.

"So...Who do you think will win tomorrow?." Ina said seeing they had finished eating their meal, Kazu gave a puzzling look on his face "Hmm...It's hard to say, Ina, we won't know until tomorrow." he said then he looked at her "Are you scared to lose against me." he said in a teasing tone "N-no...I'm just afraid to see you lose tomorrow." she said but also blush that her words weren't helping herself.

Kazu chuckled then they both got up from their seats and Kazu paid for their meal "I'm ready when you are Ina." he said then Ina without thinking grabbed Kazu's hand making him frozen stiff up and blushing, Ina started walking with Kazu but it's like she's dragging a life-size toy, after a minutes Ina stopped and noticed Kazu just standing still "Kazu snap out of it." she said then she lightly slap his face to wake him up.

Kazu placed his hand on his cheek "That hurt Ina...was that supposed to be a light slap?." he said looking surprised and with a little stinging feeling on his cheek, Ina couldn't help but giggle "Sorry...I take after my mother." she said with a playful smile on her lips, "I'm sorry for slapping you." she said then Kazu stopped rubbing his cheek and took Ina's hand and walked her home.

Once Kazu dropped off "Ina...I forgive you for slapping me like that, I know you mean well." he said then he let go of her hand then was about to leave, but as Kazu turned around to say goodnight to Ina she rushed up to him and jumped on him wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck then finally she leans closer and kissed his lips.

Kazu was frozen in place when had his first kiss from Ina, he couldn't believe it and he slowly relaxed and kissed her back with passion as he wrapped his arms around her back, after a minute or two they finally broke apart and softly panted "Um...Ina...Th-that was amazing..." he said as Ina got herself off him and compose herself "Sorry Kazu...I don't know what came over me...But it was amazing too." she said then Ino open the door and wondering what was going on "Oh Kazu...Ina, it's about time you both got here." she said as she crossed her arms and look like she's been waiting for too long.