Scars

*trigger warning possible mention of assault and scars (not self harm)*

  After sitting with the boys for a while for no apparent reason other than they were bored. It's almost as if they do enjoy my company. We must go meet the Carstairs family for their arrival. I am personally dreading it. Cordelia is a lovely girl but her brother is a spawn of satan to put it nicely.
Matthew and I share the hatred of Alastair Carstairs. It all started at the academy, it was awful.
**********************************************
                         The academy
I stroll through the hall of the academy, making my way to the dinning hall. It is quite early so not many students are here yet. I decide to look for James, Math, Tom, and kit instead of eating alone, that would be a death sentence.
As I walk to the boys wing of the academy I hear shouting behind a broom closet door. A familiar voice shouts something I could not quite make out. Suddenly the door is pushed open by Matthew to reveal Alastair Carstairs.
Alastair scoffs when his eyes fall upon me and I tense. Matthew quickly grabs my arm and pulls me down the hall with him. His Jaw was tense with anger, a sight I had never seen before.
"Math" I say softly
He glances at me
"It was nothing don't worry about it."
He dismisses my worry
We run into Tom and kit with James following behind them.
                     *later that day*
After dinner I was making my way back to my room when I felt someone behind me I froze and then felt myself yanked back by the collar of my jacket. I am pinned against the wall and met with the face of Alastair Carstairs.
"You know a real shadow hunter would have been able to realize they were being followed before being caught" he snarls at me.
"And a real man would attack someone head on and not be a coward and strike from behind" I hiss at him
He glares at me and tightens his grip on my wrist.
"Perhaps you were afraid I would be able to pin you and then you would be embarrassed for being pinned down by a girl so you took the easy way"
He laughs without any humor
"It's funny you consider yourself a girl" he says looking me up and down and I feel myself shrink under his gaze.
"You're no more a girl than I am, wearing these boy clothes" he said pulling at my tie.
My tears start to build up as he voices what I know everyone is thinking.
"And that scar-" he gags a little before continuing.
"It's a wonder Fairchild can stand to be around you with that eye sore"
That was the breaking point. The tears flowed out. I bared my teeth at him.
"OH" he shouts before letting me go.
He laughs mockingly.
"You're in love with him! Ha. How sad that is for you scar face. Honestly it's pathetic, his mother's the consel and you're what? An orphan that was found after being tortured by mundanes? You're a joke." He says strutting off down the hall.
I collapse on the floor letting the sobs that I had held down free.
I can't tell Matthew.
*********************************************
                              Present day
We stand on the curb of the Carstairs new house as the carriage rolls into the drive. I stiffen Matthew suddenly coughs and then fake gags, leaning on me as if he cannot stand on his own. His acting is terrible. He winks at me just as Tessa turns around to see if he's alright.
"Everything alright Mathew?" She asks, concern in her loving mother eyes as the carriage rolls to a stop in front of us.
"I think I need a walk , and Clarice must escort me." He says coughing some more to make it convincing.
Her face grew with worry before nodding and turning her attention to the carriage that was now opening. Matthew smiled in victory before fake limping down the road leaning on me. Once we turn the corner and are out of sight he stands on his own before spinning me in victory.
I laugh before slapping him on the shoulder.
"Math you just lied to your best friends mom, not just your best friend but your parapati! And you left Jamie to deal with statan all alone" I scold as I glance around the corner to see James catching Cordelia before she face planted on the side walk and Lucie jumping excitedly.
"Hate the sin but you love the sinner" he said laughing
My heart dropped for a second
He can't know can he?
"You went along with it so don't pretend to be all innocent" he said throwing an arm around my shoulder. I roll my eyes as we continue walking down the street.
He smells good
His hand reaches into his waistcoat grabbing his flask and I cringe. He unscrews the top and goes to put it to his lips but I snatch it from him.
He opens his eye and looks at me, his mouth open.
"Close your mouth Math or you'll catch flies."
I roll my eyes and tip the flask upside down, pouring all the liquid onto the ground. He still looked at me in shock. I then throw it into the street.
I turn and grin at him.
"If you were anyone else-"
"What would you do?" I question, smiling mischievously.
"Why did you do that?" His voice suddenly dropping to a lower tone, not mean but not happy.
I frown.
"I don't like when you drink." I said simply
"Why does it matter-
"Clarice! Math!" Lucie cut us off as they turn the corner.
Mathew suddenly doubled over holding his stomach. I looked down at him and rolled my eyes as he smirked before continuing his performance.
Once they reached us James patted math on the back and gave me a look that said 'hes a terrible actor" I refrained from laughing before my eyes fell on the beautiful red haired Cordelia Carstairs.
Suddenly Alastair's words echoed in my head.
Scar face.
**********************************************
       "I will do my best to seem bullet proof"
How do we like it so far? I know it's not the best and it's really different but I'm trying my best 😭