Green

(Trigger warning talk of death (not to be taken seriously) and scars)
  After walking around with Math, James, Cordelia, and Lucie we returned to Cordelia's house. I felt like I was going to throw up actually, unlike Matthew that had given up his acting career very quickly.
"Clarice" Alastair greeted.
I ignored him and caught sight of Matthew glaring at him.
"Fairchild" he greeted Math.
"Carstairs" Matthew growlers at him.
"Oh come on, you two can't still be upset over what happened at the Academy." Alastair tried to reason.
I felt a sharp pain in my chest, recalling all he said to me during my time at the academy.
"We can and we are" Matthew said shortly.
Math grabbed my arm and turned on his heel, walking back the way we had when he was faking being ill.
My hand reached up and absentmindedly traced the scar through the inside of my eyebrow across my nose.
Scar face.
James was falling not far behind.
" Math" James said.
"Hm?" He answered
"Is it really that awful to be around Alastair for less than 5 minutes?" James asks
"It's more than awful, it's absolutely life threatening." I reply
Math nods in agreement
"And I can't even drink it off because Clarice poured out my flask." He frowned.
James gave me a small smile before returning his golden eyes to Matthew.
"Where exactly are you going?" He asks Matthew.
"Wherever the wind takes me" Matthew said smiling.
I rolled my eyes.
"I'm going back to the institute to mentally prepare myself for the ball tomorrow." I say, shuddering at the thought of being looked at by other people. I don't know what I would do if I was in Cordelia's shoes, being the center of attention for hours in a dress.
I almost hurl my breakfast up but refrain myself.
Matthew grabs my arm and continues off down the road. I just missed the end of their conversation lol.
"So amica mea what color are you wearing to the ball tomorrow? I am in desperate need of inspiration for my outfit."
"A DRESS" I shout before I can stop myself.
Why did I do that?
He looks at me with raised eyebrows before trying to pretend that was normal.
Terrible actor.
"What color?" He asks with raised brows.
"Green" what is going on with my brain?
"What shade?"
"Your eye color." By the angel help me
"Oh, I can't wait amica mea."
This ball is going to be the death of me.
**********************************************
Here I am, in a bath tub. In a dress.
Help.
The emerald green dress hugged my hips and flared at the waist, it was silk and had flowy short sleeves (Hermiones Yule ball dress but green sorta)
I hate it.
I still wore trousers under the dress, I just couldn't do it without them.
I have black kid boots on but my dress is long enough you can't see the trousers or the boots.
I didn't have a necklace to go with it I don't wear jewelry often but now I find myself wishing I had.
My hair is curled and falling around my shoulder, I had put on some makeup but I was never good at it so i wasn't skilled enough to cover my scar.
  I was hyperventilating.
Why did I tell Math I was wearing a dress?
Suddenly there was a knock.
I sat up in the bath tub and climbed out quickly opening the door.
Green eyes the color of my dress stared back at me and golden hair fell into his eye.
Oh by the angel
"Um" his eyes traced my figure carefully.
His eyes don't make me feel like strangling myself.
I looked back at him.
"Are you copying me?" I use the words he said to me just yesterday.
His face turned a bright shade of red and he ran his hand through his hair, looking away from me and swallowing hard before looking at me once again. He smiled and laughed a little awkwardly.
Did I make him nervous? Do I really look that awful?
I look down at myself before reaching up and tracing my scar.
Scar face.
"Do I look dreadful? Really be honest because I can change-"
"No no amica mea. I apologize for my rudeness, you are stunning" he said grabbing my hand and spinning me around.
By the angel my heart.
"Are you copying me?" I ask once again, looking at our matching shade of green.
"No amica mea it seems you are copying me, yesterday to told me your dress was the color of my eyes so it is clear you took inspiration from me" he smirked
I smiled and shook my head.
"Shall we?" He took my hand and started to walk towards the door.
I hesitated, taking a deep breath before answering.
"We shall."
**********************************************
By the angel. This is hell on earth.
Once in the ball room James required Matthew's help and I had to seek company with the other girls of the London enclave. Like I said. Hell.
That is until Lucie and Cordelia came to join me.
Rosemudd and some of the other girls decided that Cordelia would be a good target to pick on tonight.
Not on my watch.
"My mother says that shadow hunters shouldn't concern themselves with fashion, says it's mundane." She smirked
Raziel help me.
"Rosemudd if everything your mother said was true you would be married with five kids by now because you're just such a lovely girl." Hopefully that shuts her up.
She turns her glare on me and scoffed.
"Well one thing my mother said is true that scar did make you bitter." She smirked before returning to talking to the other awful girls.
Suddenly I start hearing the same names whispered over and over.
Matthew Fairchild. James Herondale.
"I wonder who he will dance with first" Rosemudd said eying Math, it made me sick.
She then looked at me with a realization on her face.
Oh no.
"Did you think wearing a dress and wearing the same color as him would make him realize you are a girl?" She laughs
I say nothing as I just stare at Math.
She then turned to Cordelia
"You really must avoid that one Cordelia, he is beautiful but very scandalous."
Lord help me.
I scoffed and rolled my eyes
As if she knows anything about Math
"James though, he truly is a catch, I wonder who he will dance with" she giggled.
One of the other girls speaks up
"You look beautiful tonight Rosemudd I'm sure one of them will ask you to dance first"
Rosemudd practically glowed with the compliment, but it only lasted a minute before James held out his hand to Cordelia and asked her to dance.
Rosemudds mouth dropped open and I laughed out loud at her. She regained her composure.
"Matthew still doesn't have a partner though" she said confidently.
Math started to walk towards us and I grew nervous.
Please ask Lucie. Please.
His hand held out to me.
"Dance with me amica mea?" He smiled.
**********************************************
"I'm not much for dancing but for you I did"

Okay so I hope this is good lol😭 happy new year