Part four

Marisa Líalídé

I woke up with a jolt, looking around the room to finally calming down. It's about 3 in the morning and I cursed at myself for it 5 more hours until I have to get up but I couldn't fall back to sleep so I went downstairs to grab a drink.

I flicked the light on to find the man sitting at the island table on the computer.

"Holy shit you scared me." I jumped.

"Glad." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and continue walking. "Couldn't sleep?" Is he talking to me. Turning around he faces me while scanning my body up and down. Not realizing what I have on I pulled my shirt down.

"I guess not, you?" He shrugs and I nod. "Are you working right now, it's 3 in the morning?"

"Yea just some touch ups for a new project."

"Hm." Walking pass him he looks up and cuts me mid walk.

"Hey listen, sorry about yesterday that was uncalled for."

"Oh you think?"

"Don't get cocky about it I'm trynna apologize. That's what's wrong with you females, get so sensitive and defensive."

"Wow what an apologize mister?" I rolled my eyes.

"Look if we are gonna be housemates we might as well get acquainted."

"I don't want to get acquainted with you, you know why?" He raises an eyebrow waiting on me to continue. "Your rude, ego based, biased, sexist prick." And with that I left right back upstairs to my sleeping habitat. Literally what's wrong with this man. He's so angry all the time, doesn't care about no one's feelings. I can't wait til there's a solution for this.

5 hours later

Waking up with a ping in my head is not what I was expected. I'll take some medicine on my way to work. My new building. Wow, sounds amazing. Today is the day for new beginnings. I went towards my closet thinking on what to wear and settled on a long slim dark brown dress with a slit on the side. It has scrunchie sleeves as well and I decided to wear laced up heels that wraps all the way to my knees. I also went ahead and did a half up half down hair style with my wavy curls bouncing off my back and face. When I went downstairs, the angry man in the tux was no where to be found. Grabbing my keys I've headed off to my store.

"Good morning Ms. Líalídé, you look lovely. Ready to begin?" My assistant questioned.

"Hello Nancy, you look wonderful yourself. Yes I'm ready than ever let's open." Opening the door with the excited women gathered around. All swarm into the door like maggots waiting to eat. My store is now packed with nail techs, customers, and beauty gurus. Everything turned out the way it should until one of the techs came towards me with a problem.

"Ms. Líalídé, this woman is complaining about her nails and she specifically said that's how she wants them and I don't know what to do anymore." A small woman with black hair and piercing said.

"Did you tell her about our first come deals?" She nods.

"She's still very angry and is threatening to comment a bad review already!" She says biting her nails. Ironic.

"Okay don't worry I'll fix this ok?" I took her shoulders and rubbed them letting her know it's okay it's only the first day. I walked over to the obvious angered woman and sat down in the chair in front of her. "Hi ma'am, I'm Marisa Líalídé the owner of this salon. What seems to be the problem?"

"The lady messed my nails up, ugh, look at them. This nail is curved wrong and this.." she points to a finger. "Is cut down way too short!"

"Okay, everything's alright let me see what I can do." I started off by removing the shorten nail and shape the rest the way she wanted from the pic she showed me. "Acrylic or gel?"

"Mmm acrylic." I waved over the tech, I'm sure her name is Beth, to show her some techniques. As she watch over my shoulder I began stroking the brush into the monomer, gaining a good amount. Using the paper towel, I use the
Powder to pick up the harden substance to create this amazing shape she asked for.

Finishing up the touches on her nails and using the top coat, she is fully satisfied.

"Wow this is beautiful." She outstretched her hands to visibly see.

"Thank you ma'am I'm very happy to serve you."

"Please call me Calideen Callimari." She took out a card revealing her identity as a marketing investor. "I've came to view this newly built salon to work with the woman in charge, meaning you, to maybe at some point create a huge line for not only Manhattan clients but celebrities all over the world. To personally help gain the beauty they deserve. I absolutely love your work and service. I would want to hear from you. Please give me a call some day." With that she gave me $300 and walked out the store. Interesting. I looked at the card once more and smiled to myself.

"Hear you go Beth. Good job on the work today." I winked at her. She smiles and nods.

"But I haven't done anything. You really helped. I couldn't possibly-" I held up my hand and pushed her hand back.

"Please, you deserve it. Dealing with customers could be the hardest thing any tech could go through. Now you know all you needed. Maybe even new products?" I tapped her shoulder and walked around the store smiling at myself hoping this would never stop.