Chapter 6:

Chapter 6:

I had received an invitation to the banquet and was on the way to attend the banquet. The King had decided to host the banquet in my name due to my position. The different people were present from all walks of life, all standing on the apex of the Kingdom.

Two android butlers were following me to show of basic etiquette to these nobles. I entered through the main gates driving with a convey of four cars. The energy showed my was big enough to challenge the royal family and the message to others were noted. I entered through the main door and all the people in the hall kept silent waiting for me. The King smiled and welcomed me.

The Kind smiled and said, "Now let us welcome the great Marquis."

All the others smiled and clapped showing their support. I smiled and bowed showing elegance and returning gratitude for their support. I entered and gave the king a box wrapped in skin of an elf maiden. The King accepted it with a smiled. The King and Queen were entertaining me when the princess came to invite me.

She smiled gracefully and said, "My lord, why don't you come and join us young people."

The King smiled proudly and said, "Lord Mance, why don't you get acquainted with them. After all, it would be hard to understand how to enjoy like youngsters for us old people."

I said, "No need to say such things your grace. You are not much old and I enjoy talking to you. But yes, I should indeed leave you to others and cannot occupy the time of the King alone."

I walked alongside the princess. She smiled slightly walking alongside me. I asked her flirtingly, "I haven't heard much about you princess. What kind of person are you. The tales of princesses does not shine upon you and I haven't paid much attention. Would you grant me the grace to know you more thoroughly."

She smiled and said, "There is nothing special my lord. I am Princess Melisandre. The reason I am not known is due to the fact that I am not the daughter of the Queen and is not talented enough in anything. Why don't I introduce you to the heir of the Duke."

I asked, "For an untalented princess you do have some connections. Say, are you perhaps engaged to someone from the upper nobility."

She smiled but her eyes could see sadness, "None granted me my lord. Most likely I will have to marry as a side-concubine. My status is so low that I might even be given away to a hero or something. After all, isn't that the story that commoners like to hear."

I said, "It is indeed so."

We had reached the place where some young people of my age had gathered. I smiled to them and all of them smiled to me. The young man with red hair smiled to me and said, "Greeting Lord Mance. I am Renly, the heir to the Dukedom of Rosewood."

The others were also introduced in similar manner. There were three more heirs to Duke and three princesses. There were also sisters to the heir of Dukes who were attached to the heirs. I was talking to them and understood the position of the princess besides me. She was nothing more than useless trash. The only good thing is that she is beautiful. The reason she was asked to call me was because she was nothing more than an errand girl. I did not pay much attention to her.

Brian asked me, "So do you have any ideas of new business?"

I replied, "I have no such interest in doing so. I am already a full fledged lord and can call upon all the resources of my family."

Renly said, "We heard that you have connection with the Eastern Imperial Trade cooperation. How about introducing us to them"

I said, "That will be hard Renly, they seldom come in contact with authorities. The only reason that she had come in contact with me is nothing more than the fact that she needed something that only I can give.". Yes there was something that only I could give. The order to enrich my territory.