71 - 73

Chapter 71 Locusts

  The new year has arrived. As soon as the new chief took office, he issued many policies. The lives of people in City B have also become better because of the policies.

  Some factory production has gradually resumed under the promotion of the new leader. Now there are busy people on the roadside, and the reconstruction of houses has also begun again. Because of the increase in labor, the construction speed is much faster than before.

  Even the vegetables, fruits and grains grown in the planting areas are growing well, but the recent weather conditions have become a matter of concern for everyone. It has not rained much this year. The water sources in various places are still sufficient at present, but because The long-term use of water and the lack of rainfall have caused the water levels of rivers and lakes to drop.

  Everyone is looking forward to a new rain that can alleviate these current problems, but no matter how meteorological experts study it, the future will be endless clear skies.

  However, the matter was much more serious than everyone imagined. That night, everyone came back from work, and the dinner table was filled with an atmosphere of silence.

  Chu Yi asked in confusion, "What's wrong with you?" Mr. Jiang Cheng retired and mainly took care of the two children at home, while Chu Yi still followed Dr. Yu for research.

  Being busy in the research room every day also adds a lot of fun to life.

  However, as soon as everyone came back today, the atmosphere was quite silent, Chu Yi didn't need to say anything.

  Zhao Qingdao, "Today we received satellite calls from other countries. They encountered a locust plague. The locusts gnawed away the food they planted and there was not much left. So we called other countries to ask for help. Naturally we got calls."

  "Locust plague?"

  Jiang Huidu began to speak incoherently, "This situation of insect infection, and the locust plague just passed, will this still allow us to survive?"

  Zhao Jingxing said, "Now is not the time to talk about this. We should think of ways to deal with it. If there are too many locusts and they become large, they can basically fly for tens of thousands of miles. Wherever they pass, there will be no grass. They can eat up all the plants." , when the time comes, the planting area we finally built will be destroyed. Now we should think about how to take protective measures."

  Zhao Qingdao, "Then what should we do now? Even if we know which countries have experienced locust plagues, we are not at the scene and cannot judge the movement direction of the number of locusts and their flight trajectories. Maybe they will not come to our country at all."

  Jiang Hui patted her son and said, "You must not have such an idea. Locusts can fly. If there is a large-scale locust plague, then they will eat up all the food in one place and will definitely follow this place." The trajectory is expanding outward, and sooner or later it will come to us, so you can't take any chances."

  "But now it's like everything is wasted, so how can we protect it?"

  Chu Yi suddenly remembered the book he had read before and said, "I have read a few methods in the book before. If there is a locust plague here, we can use helicopters to spray pesticides at high altitude to kill the locusts." For locusts, this method is widely effective and effective, but the cost is relatively high."

  After all, where can I find medicine to kill locusts nowadays? If you find it, you have to make time arrangements. If you don't find it, you have to develop it again. The current situation is a matter of materials, and development is not difficult.