The Bells of Saint John - Two

After finding a small cafe with a rooftop eating area the Time Lords with Clara sat outside with a lovely view of St Paul's Cathedral behind them. Araya was busy typing away on Clara's laptop which her father had brought along. Clara frowned at them all. "So if we can travel anywhere in time and space, why did we travel to the morning? What's the point in that?"

"Whoever's after us spent the whole night looking for us," Jenny explained. "I'm going to guess that you're tired?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"Just imagine how they feel." Araya smiled over the laptop screen. "They came the long way round to today."

"How's the tracking going Rae?" The Time Lady asked looking over her daughter's shoulder.

"They're close by." She replied. "And definitely in London but I can't get their location." She pouted. "I keep trying but the security's too good."

"We'll find them poppet." The Doctor reassured. "Well done though."

"You lot really are aliens." Clara breathed staring at the one hundred and one year old little girl who really looked six.

"Yep!" Araya grinned.

The Doctor nodded placing a hand on the back of Araya's head, looking at Clara slightly wearily. "We really are, okay with that?"

"Oh yeah." She nodded. "Think I'm fine."

"Oh good." He replied.

"How did she learn all that though?" Clara nodded at the young Time Lady.

"Araya's been learning everything she knows about computers from her mother." The Doctor smiled. "The Stone is really good with technology and has taught her everything she knows."

"Jenny did help a little." The Stone smiled.

"I wanted to help." The young girl said with her eyes brightening. "I can help mummy and daddy with this."

"And you're doing an amazing job." The Stone softly smiled feeling warmth in her stomach. She never got to teach her other children about what she was really interested in on Gallifrey. It wasn't something that was done and very much frowned upon. The Time Lords would never have allowed it, especially if it involved any sort of technology not from Gallifrey. The Stone swallowed hard and the Doctor squeezed her hand in understanding. One day they would have to tell their little girl about why they never 'go home' or why she will never see her grandparents or the beautiful orange sky accompanied by the red grass.

"So, what happens if you do find them?" the human asked. "What then?"

Jenny shrugged already knowing her father's reply. "We don't know. None of us can tell the future."

"We only work there." The Doctor smirked.

"Neither of you have a plan?"

"Oh, you know what I always say about plans." The Doctor crossed his arms across his chest.

"What?"

"I don't have one."

Clara frowned eyeing him, wondering just who the strange family were and why they were talking to her out of all people. How did they find her and how did she find them? "People always have plans."

"Yes." The Stone nodded frowning slightly. "I suppose they do but we never really fit the criteria for 'people'." She leaned closer to the table. "So tell me, how long have you been looking after those kids?"

"About a year, since their mum died."

"Okay." She slowly nodded and took the laptop when Araya handed it to her. "Why you? Family friend, we understand that." She nodded at the Doctor. "But there must have been others. Why did it have to be you? You don't really seem like a nanny."