Cold War - Two

As each chapter goes on I love Araya more and more, she's so adorable.

Let's keep it rolling!

─── 。゚☆・*.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

The group walked through a compartment. "So, why have you got a cattle prod on a submarine?" Clara questioned Grisenko.

"Polar bears." He answered.

"Where?" Araya yelped looking around in alert.

"No." Clara giggled. "None here, Araya."

"Oh." She replied. The Doctor chuckled and took the young girl's hand.

"We run across them when we're drilling," Grisenko explained to the brunette. Can be quite nasty, you know."

"I'd swap one for an Ice Warrior any day." Clara smiled.

"They're cuddlier." Araya beamed and looked at her father. "Not as cuddly as daddy though."

The Time Lord smirked picking his daughter up and then started tickling her. Her giggles filled the room as the rest of them walked. "That's enough torturing her sweetheart." The Stone said as Araya's laughter died down.

"Courage, my dear," Grisenko said to Clara who stared at the three Time Lords. How could they be so calm in the position they were currently in? "I always sing a song."

"What?"

"To keep my spirits up."

"Yeah, that would work, if this was Pinocchio."

"What's a Pinocchio?" Araya asked.

"You've never seen Pinocchio?"

"Who?"

The Doctor rubbed the back of his neck. "It isn't the first thing to come to mind with what to watch with our daughter." He nodded at the Stone.

"When we get back to the TARDIS I'll watch Pinocchio with you." Clara promised

"Yay!" Araya cheered, it died down when her father managed to open a compartment and set off some alarms.

"Do you know Hungry Like The Wolf?" Grisenko asked Clara.

"What?"

"Duran Duran. One of my favourites. Come on."

"I'm not singing a song."

The Doctor poked his head inside the hatch just as an echoing growl bounced around the compartment.

"What was that?" Clara asked.

"It sounded like a wolf." Araya whimpered moving closer to the Stone who took her hand. "But I know it wasn't."

"Pressure." The Doctor reminded crouching down to her. "Just pressure."

Clara crossed her arms across her chest. "Didn't sound like pressure."

"We're seven hundred metres down, remember?" He shot her a look and kissed Araya's hair.

"Don't worry about it." Grisenko smiled. "Think of something else."

"Like what?"

"You could revise the Gallifreyen I taught you earlier." The Stone whispered into her daughter's mind.

Grisenko then started to sing; "I am hungry like the wolf."

"I'm not singing." Clara protested.

"Don't you know it?"

"Course I know it." She sniffed. "We do it at karaoke, the odd hen night."

"Karaoke? Hen night?" He blinked. "You speak excellent Russian, my dear, but sometimes I don't understand a word you're talking about."