Chapter 1

Vic's POV

As soon as I entered the coffee shop, I was greeted with an stronger fragrance of coffee but also mixed with the smell of fresh bread.

In the interior the coffee shop looked kind of refreshing. The walls were painted with a really light brown, all along the wall there were postcards protected by a frame and a lot of photographs from different places all around the world.

The photographs were really beautiful, they transmit such a calm that made me forget everything. I felt like I was there, taking a coffee in France, Italy, Germany, Greece, Russia, Canada and Mexico at the same time.

I continued to look around and realized that the coffee shop was actually bigger that what it looked like outside. Also surprisingly the shop was empty, there was no one in sight. How could people not love this place? I would expect it to be full.

"How may I help you sir?" Soon a voice distracted me. When I turned around I saw a raven haired guy behind the counter, smiling warmly at me.

I decided to get closer and see his name tag.

"Jack, right?" I asked still a little bit dazed.

"That's right" He said still smiling, for some reason his smile was contagious. "Welcome to 'Postcards and Polaroids' How may I help you today"

I looked at the menu beside him, everything had a very interesting name.

"I'm gonna trust you in this one. What would you recommend me?"

"Well sir our most famous drink is the 'Do it now remember it later' frappé. An excellent choice if I may say" he was acting like a waiter of a high class restaurant, so I started to laugh. But I wasn't the only one, someone else started to chuckle. For an instant I thought it was a girl.

"Jack, just prepare the coffee" A man said with a chuckle and I instantly felt the air leave my lungs.

There was a man sitting on a table near one of the windows, he wasn't that tall but at least taller than me. He had black hair and his skin was as white as the snow, in contrast his lips were bright pink. My eyes travelled to the black shirt that embraced his body tightly. Our eyes met momentarily, his eyes were like two beautiful oceans that made you want to look at them for ever.

He picked up the camera that was resting on the table. He started to take pictures through the window every now and then biting his bottom lip in concentration, and when he took a photo his lips would curl up in a cute smile. His eyes looked so peaceful, as if they could caress everything he sees.

For a moment I felt envy of him, his life seemed so peaceful, without hurry or stress, that attitude he has while taking photos was beautiful, he enjoyed it. I can't remember last time I enjoyed what I do, when I was a kid I remember that at the store I was always smiling. And now I can't remember last time I smiled at the job, Alex sometimes call me "Mr. Grumpy Fuentes".

"Umm... sir?" Suddenly a voice distracted me and I turned around to look at the worker. He was holding the coffee to me still with a warm smile. There where two options, he was a good actor or he enjoyed being a barista.

"Oh thanks how much is it?" He was about to answer when he looked behind me confused, and instants later he was smiling as if nothing had happened.

"Don't worry, this is from the house. Perks of being a new customer" we said with a wink before turning around cleaning the table.

I shrugged it off and decided to talk to this boy, I don't know why but he intrigued me. Besides, he is cute but at the same time hot.

"Hi, my name is Vic" I said as I sat in front of him. He looked at me first surprised and then smiled warmly.