Halt x Glitch Fluff/Angst

PARAMETERS:

Ship: Halt x Glitch

Tone: Angst to Fluff

Specifics: Glitch is upset due to not being seen like other entities, to which Halt comforts them. Halt is female, and Glitch is male.

Starting A/N: I got nothing to say here.

STORY:

Four humans wandered along the path the Hotel crafted for them. Three jogged along, passing through every door at a quick, controlled pace. These ones already knew what this trip entailed, and although it was stressful, their knowledge allowed them to confidently move from room to room.

The fourth of these humans, though, trailed a few doors behind. This one walked slowly and nervously, their legs trembling with each step as they looked down to their hands, which were fidgeting wildly with one another and the wires of their headphones, which they had long since taken off. This one didn't have the information that their peers had, making the entire experience intensely nerve-wracking for them. They tried to stay as alert as they could, making their footsteps nearly silent to hear anything going on around them.

Despite the rest of their group storming off, this human was fairing well on their own, their adrenaline allowing them to react quickly to what came for them. The distance that was growing between the two was becoming an issue, though. After a certain point, doors in the Hotel closed, separating the different groups that entered in the day. If this human didn't attempt catching up, then they'd be blocked from the rest, clumping them with the unrelated group behind them. This mixing of groups was heavily frowned upon by the more powerful beings in the Hotel due to increased work being needed to restart a group's journey.

The wanderer continued on cautiously, listening for the common creatures that were likely to attack them within the dark room. Unknown to the human, though, little zipping particles of what looked like television static began clipping through the windows, entering the rooms' air. Inhaling some, the human abruptly covered her nose with their hand, clenching their eyes for a moment as the particles unpleasantly fizzed and bounced around inside their nasal cavity. Shaking the feeling off, the wanderer slightly quickened their walking to avoid the uncomfortable sensation.

The human continued moving forward, failing to notice the figure in the nearby window, floating as if it was standing on air. This figure, of which was referred to as Glitch, watched the human as it walked through the next door, grumbling to himself as the door shut behind them. It was once Glitch's job to take care of humans falling too far behind, believing to have made it a very clean process. His process was apparently not good enough to Shadow, as it was recently replaced by another entity, its name being Void.

Glitch couldn't help but despise Void, not only due to it taking his job, but because it never seemed to do that job properly. Starting out, Void barely even did what it was supposed to do, forcing Glitch to drop what he was doing and abruptly fix what Void failed with. Not only this, whenever Void did do what it was meant to do, its process would be sloppy, leaving the humans it brought back to be heavily injured or even dead. It seemed that right now was an example of Void straight up not doing its job, but all Glitch could do without being scolded by Shadow was to encourage the human to speed up.

Glitch continued to observe the human from outside the hotel walls, zipping from window to window as he tried letting in as many static particles into the rooms as it could as to encourage them to go faster. This seemed to work marginally, as the human began to walk at a brisker pace, cupping their hands over their nose and mouth. Marginally was not good enough, though, as the doors the human opened continued to slam shut directly after. Once again, too, Void was nowhere to be seen. Glitch's frustration grew he noticed Void's absence, trying to produce more static to send into the room. The human's mouth covering was making even less of these particles enter their system, though, meaning if Void didn't show up, that'd be one more mix up for Shadow and The Light to sort out.