Chapter 3 (Oh snap)

{Katniss POV}

Gale pulled me into a hug, I didn't hug back, I just stood there as he hugged me for what seamed a lifetime

Gale let go of the hug he glanced down at the ground, he had a weird expression on is face as if he had thoughts on his mind or about to say something he opened his mouth but the words don't come out. Surely he didn't see the baby, I wasn't even showing yet, but I was still scared. My heart  pounded so loud I couldn't hear my own thoughts. I think I am only 3-4 weeks pregnant. I could feel Peeta's hand grip my hand a bit tighter, I guess he saw Gale's facial expressions and became nervous too.

Gale was my best friend, and it sort of hurt and felt wrong to hide this from him, I had to tell him.

"Gale.. There is something I need to tell you" I say chocking up the words

"Sure, anything Catnip, i-i mean Katniss" He said correcting his words, something told me Peeta face him the look which made him change is words.

"Gale... I-" I hesitate

" Hey it's okay Katniss take your time" he replies trying to calm me down

"I-I'm pregnant," I say finally getting the words out

Gale laughed as if he didn't believe me and thought this was a joke. Peeta grabs my hand once more and holds it tight.

"You're messing with me, right Katniss?" He asks, a sad looks takes his face as he starts to believe me.

I look at him and he knows that its not a prank. I feel bad, I really do but I love Peeta not Gale and he has to know that.

I saw the look of hurtfulness in his eyes, as he tries to hide his tears.
Gale clenched his fist and looked angry

"Gale you missed so many years of her life... What did you expect?" Peeta says

I looked at Peeta with the look, saying 'not the right time.' Gale looked at Peeta with hate and pure anger with a bit of disgust

"can we talk privately Peeta" he said aggressively

the look Gale gave Peeta when he said that made my heart dropped I was scared of what Gale was going to do.

"don't hurt him... Please" I say basically begging Gale

it took a few minutes for me to let go of Peeta's hand. They walked outside to the front porch and shut the door. All I could hear was Gale's screams toward Peeta

"WHY IS SHE PREGNANT!! SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WITH ME THAT SHOULD BE MY BABY SHE IS PREGNANT WITH, NOT YOURS"

Peeta was doing a good job so far on keeping himself calm... by that time I would have already lost it..

"she loves me Gale, not you, just get over her! We are happy together, you missed years of Katniss's life and now you expect her to just love you now?!?"

Gale just got more angry and said: "YOU TWO IN THE GAMES I HATED BUT I LET IT GO, THEN YOU TWO GOT MARRIED OH BOY WAS I FURIOUS NOW YOU GOT HER PREGNANT!!! SHE COULD LIVE 100 LIFETIMES AND NOT DESERVE YOU BECAUSE SHE DESERVES ME SHE NEEDS ME NOT YOU BREAD BOY!!!"

I heard what Gale said and I went outside to stop him but by the time I got out there Gale had already gave Peeta a piece of his mind

"PEETA I SWEAR YOU WILL PAY-"

"Gale stop it!!"

I said with fear as I ran in front of Peeta, Gale wasn't thinking and tried to punch Peeta but instead he punched me surprisingly hard. Once Gail noticed what he did he ran away.