Chapter 22 (Victory, But At What cost?)

A plane comes to rescue me from that dreadful place known as the arena, which held the 76th hunger games, the same games that killed Peeta Mellark.

5 years ago today if you would have asked me which game was the most painful, I would have said the 74th, it was more painful physically, but that's before I would have been chosen, again for the 75th, and once again for the 76th. But if you'd ask now I'd say the 76th has been the most painful, mentally. Who knew I would loose half my heart in that arena.

I was startled by a hand on my shoulder, it was one of the soldiers that's accompanied me on the plane telling me that we have arrived at the capital.

The back of the plane lowers and I step of, before I can even fully step off I am immediately overwhelmed by all the cameras in my face, so many bright lights flashing around everywhere.

Just then I see Mr. Snow Jr. All I want to do right now is attack him. How could he do this to me? Doesn't he know all the pain I've been through already? As if it wasn't enough he had to cause more!

My brain stops me from attacking him, my heart wants to but my mind doesn't let me, it probably wouldn't be the best anyway, having all these cameras around, plus he probably saw most of my anger towards him after Peeta died. I just force a smile on, not to show happiness but to show that I can once again fool the capital with my face.

I walk up to Snow, he gives me a polite smile before grabbing my hand and shaking it very aggressively, he wouldn't let go, and it looked like the tips of my fingers were turning white. He pulls me in for a hug quickly and whispers into my ear.

"Don't you think for one second I didn't see your little act of rebellion in the arena, I'll admit, it was quite a show Mrs. Mellark" he aggressively whispered in my ear. My body was covered in chills once he whispered in my ear, she sounded a much like his dad it was almost terrifying.

He guides me into the capital where Caesar anxiously awaits for an interview about the games.

I was told this wouldn't take long, but I assume that's a lie just to they will get me to sit there. They tell me I have to wash up first.

A group of females lead me to the bathroom where they unexpectedly, without any warning strip me of my clothes, and dunk me in the bath, scrubbing every inch of my body. It takes a while to get my body clean. After they finish with my body two of them start on my hair, drenching it in shampoo, maybe too much, it runs down my face, into my eyes and mouth, I splash the dirty water in my face to get rid of the burning sensation going on in my eyes. After a while of my head tossing they finally realize what they had done and rush over to help me. They get it fixed by giving me a wet towel to put over my eyes to relieve the pain and continue to wash my hair, carful of where and how they put the shampoo on this time.

I get out of the bath, and wrap myself up in a towel, I can't help but notice, the dirt stained water, that I had just came out of it looks disgusting, It make me want to gag.

Next is the clothing, one lady scoops up the clothes I was wearing and starts walking to the fire, I'm assuming to burn them, and I can't let her

"Stop!" I yell

She turns around to face me,

"Oh honey, you don't want to keep these things" she says

"Yes, yes I do, that shirt at least, and the knife in the pocket of my pants" I reply, in fear that she will burn the only items left I have of Peeta's

She picks the shirt out of the pile just like I had said, and the knife out of the left pocket of my pants she holds them up and asks if they where the correct ones