𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

-𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈 spent her mornings pondering by the lake. She never missed a sunrise, for she was hypnotized by the mixture of bright colors that painted the sky. Rain or shine, she was always seen daydreaming near the sparkly water.

Everyone was aware of her strange habits, but no one questioned it. All teens that walked by were to infatuated by her ethereal beauty to care.

Not a single soul focused on the person underneath her silky skin.

The young girl wished someone would ask about her unusual behavior, so she could ramble on about her dreams and her thoughts.

However, no one ever did.

So she remained silent, hoping that one day someone would be considerate enough to ask.

She was unquestionably popular, every camper seeming to have some sort of connection to her. Yet, she was friendless.

She had no shoulder to cry on, no one to spill her guts to.

Her childhood was filled with best friends. People who she could rant to without feeling judged. So, what happened?

Lorelei Amar had been the camp's pride and joy since she arrived with her twin sister, Aurora.

They blissfully pranced around, unclaimed by a goddess, not concerned about who their mother was. They had each other, and that was all they needed.

When Annabeth found her way to the camp, they immediately clicked. The three girls had become an unstoppable trio, ready to conquer any challenge that dared to face them.

Until years later, when Aphrodite came forward as their mother.

Aphrodite had no other half-blood children, since she believed mortals were unfit for her love. The twins father had tricked her, and when she found out the he was a human, she killed him.

However, the Goddess only claimed Lorelei. She was Aurora's mom too, but apparently Aurora just wasn't good enough for her.

It all went downhill from there.

When Lorelei told Annabeth the news, her reaction was vastly unanticipated. Annabeth claimed a daughter of Athena could never be friends with a daughter of Aphrodite, due to the two Goddess's rivalry. She left Lorelei heartbroken, and they never spoke again.

When Aurora found out about Aphrodite, she bit her tongue. She was clearly upset, but she wanted to support her sister, so she remained quiet.

The silence wasn't kept for long.

One year later, when the twins were 11, Aurora decided she had enough. She snuck away one night, in attempt to find her mother and demand her acceptance.

Lorelei begged her not to, for she didn't want to lose her only sister. Going on a quest like that alone was a death wish, but Aurora didn't care.

Lorelei spent the rest of her night weeping, wishing someone would stay.

Aurora never returned.

Her life had been wildly different since then. A part of her was gone, and she had to learn to live without her other half.

Lorelei quickly discovered that everyone would relentlessly underestimate her. All everyone cared about was her looks, not what she thought.

She spent the next three years working her ass off in attempt to change everyone perspectives on her. When she wasn't dreaming of a different life or combing her hair, she was training.

Luke and her had become close over the years, but never quite friends. Acquaintances would be the most fitting. They trained together, and both became adept with the assistance of one another.

She couldn't stand others thinking of her as some object. Every hour spent exercising was so people would treat her like a human being. Lorelei was sure her mother would disown her for working instead of fixing her makeup, but she didn't care.

Aphrodite however praised the girl for her determination. Unknown to most, she was an honary goddess of war. When the powerful woman witnessed the child's skill, she gifted her a special tool.

It was a gorgeous ring, covered in sparkly diamonds. When pressed, it transformed into a sword that shined with a bright pink glow.

Still, she never felt enough. No matter how talented she was, everyone would only concentrate on her looks.

No one understood her, and she spent most days alone, praying that she could feel the warmth of equally returned love.

Unbeknownst to her, a young blond boy had been experiencing some similar feelings.

He wasn't known for his looks like Lorelei, (although he was quite a catch), but he felt as if no one really understood him. He had always been different, seeing unusual monsters and abnormal creatures. He was always perceived as weird, never creative or imaginative.

As fate would have it, the two lonely teens would meet oh-so shortly.

୨୧

" some night, you dance with tears in your eyes "

- frank ocean (self control)