𝟎𝟎𝟔

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈 and Percy mindlessly walked around the deep woods. Normally doing nothing bored the boy, but he didn't mind wasting time if it was with her.

"I wonder where Annabeth went." Percy stated, and Lorelei's heart shattered slightly. Did he have a crush on Annabeth, her ex-best friend?

His comment was a reality check for the girl. Was she so lost in her delusions that she missed his feelings towards someone else?

Lorelei wasn't the best at relationships, or detecting when others liked her. Many guys had swooned over her, but she never seemed to notice, or care, for that matter.

It's not like she wanted to hurt their feelings, but it was being too friendly that put her in those situations, so she remained stern and shut them down. Lorelei had never liked a boy before, which meant she never had to experience rejection. She now started to feel empathy for those she left heartbroken.

"She disappears a lot. Don't think too much about it." Lorelei huffed out, wanting to end this conversation. She was envious of his concern for her, although there was no reason she should be jealous of someone she wasn't dating. 

Percy didn't have feelings for Annabeth, he just wanted to start a conversation.

After what felt like hours of walking, they found two large logs placed perfectly on top of a small mountain, creating a magnificent view of the camp. They decided it was the perfect resting spot, just until something interesting happened.

Percy laid down on one, and Lorelei sat on the other. He took his helmet and shield off, tired of lugging the hefty metal around. Their break didn't last long, a few members of the red team sneaking up on the duo while they were occupied laughing over some dumb joke.

When they noticed, immediate panic struck them. Lorelei transformed her ring into a sword, while Percy scrambled to grab his gear. Maybe not bringing any other equipment was a foolish idea on the girls part.

One masked soldier removed their helmet, and shocker, it was Clarisse. She had been non stop bullying the boy since he arrived, no one entirely sure why. Lorelei suspected she was threatened by him, but that was just a conspiracy.

"Flag's that way. It's not here." Percy stated, pointing to somewhere in the far distance. He prayed that would work, though deep down he knew they were there for a reason.

"We know. Yeah, glory's fine. Revenge is more fun."

Clarisse slammed the end of her weapon into the ground, causing the end to light up. Oh boy, were they in danger now. Lorelei was not in the mood to take permanent damage to her face, so she stood up, standing her ground. Percy followed in her footsteps, now awkwardly holding up his sword.

"No maming, It's like.. the one rule." He claimed, the other campers circling him like sharks.

"Yeah, I guess I'll lose dessert privileges for a while. I'll live." The leader spoke.

The powerful girl cracked a wicked and evil smile, and before they knew it, a battle broke out.

Clarisse charged at Percy, taking a clean swipe to his arm. Lorelei managed to fight off the others, although very difficult with her lousy equipment. They swiped at each other, until they managed to take control. 

Percy hit the dirt, and Lorelei was detained by some kid, her arms harshly pinned behind her back. They snatched the sword out of her hands, leaving her defenseless.

"I'm actually not interested in maiming or killing you, believe it or not. I just want you to admit you're a fraud. It'd make me feel better. Are you feeling up to that yet?" Clarisse pestered. 

Lorelei managed to kick her captor, sending them flying back.

Percy used this distraction to flee, sprinting the hell out of there. 

"Guess not."

Clarisse and the other chased after him, eager for him to meet his demise.

However, the victim to her violent kick did not take her actions lightly, and shoved her down to the ground, before running off. Lorelei grabbed her ring, and quickly followed the Ares kids. Luckily she was a fast sprinter, so she remained only a few seconds behind them.

Suddenly, some red team member ran into Percy, causing him to fly through the air. He landed on the rough sandy shore, and picked himself up. Lorelei spotted him on the ground from above, and maneuvered her way through the forest to reach him.

She ran up to Clarisse from behind, catching her off guard. The unfamiliar teens fought with Percy while the two girls dueled.

They clashed weapons, both eager to finish the other and end this ongoing fight.

Eventually, Clarisse hit Lorelei's sword hard enough to send it soaring, far out of arms reach. She shoved the blond girl to the floor with her spear, climbing on top of her to hold her down.

She struggled, sharply wiggling around as the brunette girl brought a dagger to her throat.

"Not so powerful now, sweetheart."

Percy tried to save her, but the campers tortured him relentlessly, pushing him down and slicing him up.

Lorelei whimpered, trying to thrash her way out of this sticky situation.

"The more you move, the more this is going to hurt."

She used all of her might to shove Clarisse off, Lorelei now taking charge on top. She pinned her wrists down, exhausted. (a/n- PLEASE don't take this out of context 🙏)

"Give up." She murmured between breaths.

"Never." Ares kids were known for their determination, but Lorelei had worked to hard and wasn't quitting.

"Surrender or I'll break your wrists!" She shouted, shoving Clarisse into her place. Her grip tightened, putting more pressure on her bones as a warning,

"Fine! I surrender."

She hoped off, smiling bigger than ever. She laid next to the defeat girl, checking her manicure to make sure she didn't chip a nail. Sure she was a hard worker, but she was an Aphrodite girl at heart.

"Do you like the red? Normally I go for a pink, but I thought I'd switch it up this time." Lorelei asked, referring to her nail color. She was being sarcastic, trying to lighten up the mood so Clarisse wouldn't snap her neck.

All Clarisse could focus on was how Percy wounded her friends. She built up with rage, and when they surrendered, she couldn't take it.

"No!" She let out a death curdling scream, enraged by her loss.

"Guess she didn't like the red." 

-

a/n- guys im sorry this was so short im just very sleepy 😭 i might come back and revise/rewrite it soon, but this is what your stuck with for now. also 1.1k reads is insane !! tysm for the support 💞