𝟎𝟎𝟏

-𝐖𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 gently crashed against the shore in small increments, coating the sharp rocks in lake water. The sun peeked through the clouds, large rays shining down onto the camp.

Lorelei was outside, as per usual, sitting on the same boulder, while gazing out into the far distance. She skipped pebbles on the lake, watching as they rippled across, before eventually sinking into the deep waters.

Although, her usually peaceful and calm morning was interrupted by the training of campers. Tomorrow was Capture the Flag, and everyone went crazy trying to win.

But something else was off. She couldn't put her finger on it, but an unusual presence lingered in the air, slightly alarming her.

She convinced herself it was just a new half-blood, but deep down she knew something was different. She tried to set it aside, so she could continue her scheduled daydreaming, but voices rung in her head, warning her of this mysterious kid.

The sounds of leaves crunching and twigs snapping brought her head back down from the clouds. She turned to see an unfamiliar young boy walking into Mr. D's office.

His eyes were piercingly blue, and his hair fell in clumps of curls that concealed his forehead. The red hues of what appeared to be a small gash stained his pale skin. Lorelei was immediately drawn to this boy, and instantly hopped up to inspect the situation.

Lorelei was an observer. She tended to keep her mouth shut and just watch. Some referred to her as nosy, but she claimed it was just curiosity. Today was no different, so she sneakily watched the stranger's conversation through a stained glass window.

"Excuse me? I'm Percy Jackson. I'm new here." The blonde boy exclaimed, and a realization struck the eavesdropping girl. She had heard others mentioning a new boy who singlehandedly killed a Minotaur last night. Quite impressive, Lorelei thought, although others remained suspicious.

"Peter Johnson is here!" Dionysus shouted, and Lorelei cringed at his foolishness. She was never very fond of him, he was too clueless and reckless for her.

As Grover pranced over to the room, he saw a small girl spying through the bushes. Lorelei felt his concerned stares, and she rose up, rolling her eyes. She swiped a hand through her hair, and it magically went back to perfect, the twigs and dead leaves disappearing. Just one of the many perks of being Aphrodite's daughter.

Lorelei walked next to the satyr, slightly embarrassed, although you couldn't tell with her confident smile plastered on. As the two approached the building, the conversation between the God and the boy continued.

"Kay. That isn't... really my name. I guess I'm looking for the office? Or whoever's in charge, so.."

Grover rushed to interrupt, attempting to save the boy.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" Grover called after him, stopping Percy from making any dumb decisions. "Percy, um, Mr. D. Camp director. Mr D, this is, uh, Percy Jackson."

"Yeah, Grover. I heard him the first time." The God responds, and Percy snaps back.

"Yeah. But did you?"

Grover pushes him to the side so he can have a chat with the snarky teen. Percy glances at Lorelei confused, but looks back at his friend when he starts talking.

"You really don't wanna start with this guy." Grover tries to explain, but Percy remains oblivious.

"He's starting with me. And who is this?" He asks, referring to the girl awkwardly standing next to them.

"Lorelei. And the D is for Dionysus. That's Dionysus." The half goat replies.

"What do you mean, Dionysus? Like, the God, Dionysus?"