Twenty Seven My Choice

"Y

. I-" Muzan struggled with his words, my face scarlet as we stood before our room.

"No- I- THIS IS FINE!" My voice broke as we looked at the single futon. "WE- we will be okay. This isn't... the worst thing thats happened."

"But still..."

Somehow, over the course of dinner, Kudaranai, the leader of the town, became convinced that Muzan and I were married, and that I was sick with Muzan's illness. Of course Muzan didn't help us, while on the tour his legs kept trying to give out and I held him up, making us look romanticly involved. Then when he was asked about his sickness, he told them in detail how it was like, with one tiny exception.

None of us told the Leader it was Muzan that was sick, and he was treated like a regular man. I would be dumb if I said I didn't notice how happy he seemed to be treated normally. So for this visit, I'll let him be happy, I suppose it gives him a sense of pride. I can't lie to myself either, it made me smile to see him be respected.

"Is everything alright?" Kudaranai-san asked from behind us.

"No," Muzan gently guided me into the room. "Everything is fine, My dearest is simply tired after today. Isn't that right, Love?" His voice sent shivers down my spine. AH! I'M WRONG THIS MAN IS THE MOST EVIL OF DEMONS!

"N-Not infront of Kudaranai-san." My cheeks burned as Muzan traced my back, his eyes locked with mine, the strange emotion made his eyes glaze over. No, it's not a strange emotion. It's love. Muzan ... loves me? Muzan loves me. OH MY HANAFUDA HE LOVES ME!? Like, really?

Muzan laughed at something, his arm rose to rest on my shoulder. "Yes, it's horrible! Haha, sometimes I'm afraid she'll turn into a spider an devour me once I'm finished!"

"Ohhohososo!" Kudaranai-san let out a pathetic laugh. "She sounds insatiable!" I stared at Muzan as a feeling stirred up my nerves, my mouth opened before I could think.

"I Love You Too."

Both men halted and looked at me.

"W-well, um, you sound like you'll have a long night. Um I'll leave you be, and good luck." The Leader bowed and quickly turned, his heavy weight thumping on the poor wood as he practically ran away. Muzan closed the sliding doors and turned to look at me.

"I guess one bed will be fine, tell me, would you prefer me to strip as well, my wife?"

.........

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!

" Wh-I- Uh- No! Y-y-y-your clothes can come off! Stay on!! I mean Stay on, ahaha." I'm gonna die from this. Muzan, chuckled and pulled my hands to him, before kissing each of them.

"Oh dear, I knew women can become flustered easily, but this, this is beyond simple. Tell me, do you actually want to marry me?" His voice held a teasing tone, but I could help but feel like his question was serious.

I took a shaky breath before stepping away.

" I-I need to go out." Muzan tilted his head at me. "I have to find the d-demon you told me about."

"Oh, that." His voice went blank. "I lied. Don't give me that look, it's not healthy to stay in the same house all the time. Besides," His fingers intertwined with mine and leaned over me. "You look like you're having fun here, My Love~"

I was pulled into the futon with Muzan, his arms wrapped around me. Secure. Muzan took deep breaths as we cuddled.

" You smell amazing, Y

." He shifted to his side so he was spooning me. His arms made a warm cucoon around me, his body relaxing as he held me.

"M-muzan?"

"Did you mean it?"

"Huh?"

"I want to protect you. I want to provide for you... Y

... we haven't known each other for long, but... I- I don't want to live if... I can't have you. I know I'm sick, but if you'll give me a chance ...... I mean-" He sighed in frustration. My face was warm from his voice in my ear. Every breath I took was shaky.

"My cousins, the Ubuyashiki family, they want to meet you." Ubuyashiki? I've heard that name before. "They are a good judge of character, and they can teach you about Japan better than I could. I-" Muzan struggled with his words until he fell silent. His arms gently squeezed me.

"I..." I can't answer him.... What do I tell him?