Twenty Five A Hashira's Dream

Faster!

Faster!

FASTER!

You have to pump his heart faster!

He'll die if you don't!

More!

More!

MORE!

"DON'T DIE! PLEASE! YOU HAVE TO LIVE! EVERYONE IS COUNTING ON US!"

Just a little longer then Nii-chan will be here!

"Y/ n-chan."

Gramps will be here!

"SHUT UP! I HAVE TO SAVE HIM I'LL SAVE THEM ALL!"

Ni-chan?

Gramps?

I can barely remember your faces.

And another.... two of them.

What were their names again?

A flame and a snake.

Are there more?

None that I can remember.

"Don't worry! We'll save you! Then we can train together Aoi-kun! "

Aoi? Who's that? Why am I moving like this?

My arms kept moving. Up and down.

Blood.

​​​​​A katana?

No, these are chest compressions.

Why am I- What am i doing again?

"Poor Y/ n. Why are you trying to save someone you just murdered? Eat."

"what"

"Look at you, covered in blood. Your so cute like that, I am glad you agreed to become a demon."

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

"M'LADY!" I gasped for air as I shot out of bed. I was in my room, Kyo-kun, Iguro, Nii-chan, Gramps, Giyuu... and the ones who died.... I can still remember them. Don't worry everybody, I will tell you story, of all the grief and the glory, the memories of joy... and pain. Oh Tsugikuni... He looks worried. Did he wake me? I turned to face him.

"Ye were having an awful dream. Your humble servant was worried." I looked down at the ten year old. He was... poor kid, you must have gone through so much already. Seen so much already. I have to protect this child, to save all the people I can. Even if it's only one, I wonder if you would still look at me in awe if you knew.

" Tsugikuni Niaru." He perked up at his name. His hair bounce up as he flinched, his eyes analysed me as if i was going to give him bad news. "Thank you. It was... a horrible nightmare." My hands shook as I stared at them. A sour feeling was left in my gut as I stood.

"Is thou-ist alright?" The poor boy looked at me concerned as I walked behind a curtain to change.

"Yes, I'll be fine, besides you have more important things to thing about." I picked up a random yakuta and hakama. "Do you remember the other day? In the gazebo?"

"Ah! Yes, My Lady. Ye asked many strange questions then requested for time to think." I looked at the shadow figure of the younger boy, I've determined that he has special all-seeing-eyes like Nii-chan, and I know what to do.

"Tsugikuni." The boy looked at me as I stepped back to him. "I know that you can tell I am different."

"Yes." He looked away as I sat in front of him, a slight blush grazed his cheeks. "Her Ladyship is more efficient. Better than the strongest samurai here." I nodded at him, Originally he wanted to be a samurai but then he found Muzan and decided to be a doctor with his permission. It makes me think he actually is sick, but I know better than to trust a demon, and his acting.

"I have decided on what to do." The ten year old tilted his head. "Tell me, Tsugikuni, do you want to be as efficient as me?"

"Ah- Yes M'Lady Priestess!" The way he looked back at me made my heart swell, Kyaa! He's so cute!

"My body uses a special type of breathing." He sat up straight giving me his full attention. "My family taught this to me, before they were murdered." Aoi-kun and Sabi-tan flashed in my mind. "I am the only person who knows this breathing style, so once I die it will die with me."

"Her Ladyship wishes to train me?" He slumped over, trying to make himself smaller. "But, is there not another who could learn?"

"No." He looked at me, shocked. I'll have to break him of that. His face is so expressive, you can tell what he's thinking. "I have chosen you, and once you master Total Concentration, you will train another. Only those who are worthy may learn. Those who are humble, the meek who become strong without greed. Those who mend the broken, in spirit, in mind, and body. Total concentration will turn you into the best." The young boy tilted his head.

"If you decide to be a doctor, you will become the greatest."

"But, what if your wrong?" He looked at me concerned.

"I'm not wrong, Tsugikuni-sama." His eyes widened and he blushed hard. Teehee he's so adorable!!

"S-Sama?"

"I will show how to breathe, and how to better conceal your emotions from your enemies. Let us begin, yes?" He nodded at me, a small blush still present but with determination in his eyes.