2

February 5, 2023

Scarlett's POV

I wake up and rub my eyes. I see Jackson next to me on the couch. I pick up my phone and see three missed calls from Tyler. I move from Jackson's grasp and head to my room. I plug my phone in and call Tyler on my laptop.

"Good, you're alive."

"Sorry, Jackson and I fell asleep."

"It's fine. How are you settling in?"

"Good. It's just us and DR and Frongillo."

"Nice. Have you seen the others yet?"

"Not yet. We just had a movie and video game night after I unpacked."

"Fun. Alright, we're going to church. I just wanted to make sure you got to Georgia in one piece."

"Talk later."

I hang up and shut my laptop. I hear a knock and see Jackson in the doorway.

"I was wondering where you went."

"Sorry. Tyler called last night and I just got off the phone with him."

I stand up and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I'm going to the field today. Wanna join," he asks.

"Sure. Just let me get ready."

He nods and heads to his room. I pull out some clothes and head to the bathroom. I get a shower and dry my hair. I do some light makeup and curl my hair before getting dressed.

 I do some light makeup and curl my hair before getting dressed

I head back to my room and put some jewelry on. I grab my phone and bag and head to the kitchen. I grab some coffee and sit at the table. Jackson walks in with his stuff and grabs some food. I finish my coffee and we head for the field. We pull into the lot and see Dalton and Tanner getting out of their vehicles.

"Scarlett? Is that you," I hear Dalton yell.

"Yeah! I got in yesterday!"

He runs over and hugs me tightly. Tanner walks over and hugs me once Dalton lets me go. We walk into the stadium and we see Ryan, Noah, and Donny in the locker room. I hug them and we head out the field once the guys have their gear. I sit in the dugout and watch them practice. The finish up around 12:30 and we head to Cava for lunch. We head to the park and sit at one of the pavillions to eat.

"How's New York been," Donny asks as we get situated.

"Um, the same. Mom's on my case about me coming down here. Dad and Tyler are the only ones who support me out of my entire family," I say, stabbing my Tahini Caesar bowl.

"Including extended family," Tanner asks.

I nod and take a bit of my food.

"Speaking of Tyler, how's med school going," Noah asks.