3

February 10, 2023

Scarlett's POV

My first week in Savannah has been amazing. While the boys are training, I'm working with Mandolyn and everyone to get the merchandise stuff set up. Working in retail in high school really helped with this process. We were only at the stadium until noon today, so Jackson and I are going out for the afternoon. I showered and got ready for the day.

We head to the stadium and Mandolyn and I get to work

We head to the stadium and Mandolyn and I get to work. We work on setting up some display models on the computer to see what the displays would look like in the store without bothering the workers. Once we're satisfied, I print it out and stick it in the folder. I was able to get one of the layouts for the tents for West Palm Beach started before the day was over and Jackson took me to lunch. We went shopping for the week and started getting ready for West Palm Beach when we got home. I finished unpacking a few things from New York and did some laundry. Once I switched the laundry, I started making dinner. DR and Frong were out and Jackson was doing content creator stuff. Frong came home around 4:45 and DR came home closer to six.

"Smells amazing, babe," Jackson says, coming from his room.

"Thanks. It's chicken, bacon and ranch tacos. I found it online," I say, grabbing the cheese from the fridge.

I take the bacon off the stove and grab the mini tortillas from the pantry. Jackson grabs plates and Frong sets the table while DR is in the shower. I grabbed a White Claw from the fridge and grabbed my plate before heading to the table.

"So, I feel like we don't know that much about you, Scar," DR says as he sits at the table.

"Not much to say. Mom's still being a bitch about me living in Savannah and dating Jackson, Dad's been supportive since day one. So has my brother, who's in med school. I don't talk to any extended family because they don't support me. Mom's constantly trying to get me to take a job at her brother's law firm, despite me not liking the internship I had there that one summer during college," I say.

"And your brother's a year younger than you," Frong asks.

I nod and eat my taco. I wipe my mouth and finish my White Claw. I put my plate in the sink and toss my can in the bin before heading to my room.

Jackson's POV

I watch as Scarlett disappears down the hall and sigh.

"Is she alright," DR asks.

"She doesn't have the best relationship with her mom. She doesn't believe Scarlett can make a living in retail," I say.

"But her dad and Tyler do," Frong asks.

"Yeah. Out of the whole family, including extended."

"So, I'm guessing we shouldn't bring up her family," DR questions.

"Yeah, she doesn't enjoy talking about that."

I clean up my stuff and head down the hall to Scarlett's room. I stand in the doorway and see her sitting on her bed. I knock on the frame and she looks up. I sit next to her and she leans against the headboard.

"You alright," I ask, rubbing her leg.

She nods and closes her eyes. I slide next to her and she rests her head on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. DR didn't know," she whispers.

She gets up and grabs some pajamas to change into before heading to the bathroom. She comes back a few minutes later and slides under the covers.

February 15, 2023

Scarlett's POV

I woke up to a text from Mandolyn that she and some of the girls wanted to go out to breakfast and get our hair and nails done for Florida. I got out of bed and took a quick shower before getting dressed.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple as Jackson came in

"Where are you going," he asks.

"I'm spending the day with some of the girls. You know, nails, hair, shopping," I say.

I finish my apple and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I come back out and grab my purse.

"I'll be back this afternoon," I say, kissing his lips.

I head out to my truck and drive to the nail salon. I pull into the parking lot and see Rylee, Mando, Madison, Alyssa, and Alexis. I get out of my truck and walk over to them.

"Hey, ladies," I say.

Alyssa hugs me tightly and we walk inside. We get our nails and hair done before heading to Cava for lunch.

"So, Scar, are any of your family members coming to the games," Alexis asks when we sit down

I shake my head and take a bite of my Tahini Caesar bowl.

"Not my mom. I'm not sure about my dad or brother. Ty's in med school but he might have a free weekend when we play in New York," I say.

"Does your mom not like sports," Rylee asks.

"She doesn't support my career choices, says I'm a disappointment for not pursuing medicine or law."

I take another bite of food and the girls look at each other. I finish my salad and sigh.

"She's constantly trying to get me to take another internship at her brother's law firm, despite my dislike towards the first one I had," I shrug.

They can tell it's a sore subject, so they drop it. Madison places a hand on mine and gives me a soft smile.

"All that matters is that you're here now," she says.

I smile and we head outside. I put my bag in my truck and walk back over to the girls.

"I still gotta pack. I'll see you girls later," I say.

I get in my truck and head home. I head to my room and start packing for West Palm Beach. I sit on my bed and sigh. Jackson comes in and sits at the desk.

"You alright," he asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired," I say.