ᴩʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

WOODSBORO , CALIFORNIA ¹⁹⁹⁵

The town of woodsboro was quiet during the hours of the night. Most people were off at home relaxing. While others finished up work in town to head home. It was peaceful for those who weren't arguing like a certain duo was doing.

That was the case as the pair walked down a dirt path. The guy was helping the girl walk as he tried to keep her awake.

"I warned you not to drink too much if you got invited to those kinds parties. Why do you never listen to me?" The male spoke as he stopped for a moment. Fixing the sheriff's hat on his head before continuing down the road path as her house wasn't too far away. His hands resting respectfully on her arm and waist.

The slightly intoxicated girl stumbled about even with his help. Listening to him as she was still consious enough to answer and understand what was going on around her.

"Well, you never listen to me." She mumbled.

"Of course I do. I will always listen to you. I'm here if you need to talk. You can tell me anything right now." The male spoke with a patient tone in his voice.

"I am in love with you." The girl stopped walking to speak with him. "More than the amount of stars shining above us as we speak. It was so sudden but.. I know what I feel is like being touched by cupid's arrows."

"Listen kid-."

"Quit calling me a kid! I am not a kid." Raising her voice as her cheeks turned a bit red. More than they already were.

"You had too much to drink and you need to get home to rest."

"I don't want to rest. I want you." She placed her hand on his cheek.

"No." The male removed her hand a bit harsher than he had intended to.

"I really do D-."

"Enough! You're being dropped off and I don't want to hear about this again." He spoke.

"See? You never listen to me. You always treat me like I'm some stupid kid who doesn't know anything. I know a lot more than you think. I know.." She spoke as she moved away from him. Walking ahead as she stumbled along. "I know where I'm not wanted."

"Don't do this. I can't let you walk home alone."

"Get away from me. I get it. You will always keep rejecting me so just stay away from me. I know." She spoke as she continued to walk to the best of her abilites. Seeing her family home up ahead.

"That's not what I meant."

"I know fully well what you meant. So just go home for tonight. I don't need you or your help." She spoke up before raising her hand and flipping him off. Keeping her back facing him.

The male stood in his spot. His feet stuck to the ground as he refused to take his eyes off her until she got inside safely. Making sure that nothing went wrong. He felt saddened by the event. It was expected by him. After all he had been confessed to by her for the past few days.

He always saw her as someone he cared about but he didn't want her to think he was only leading her into something their close friendship wasn't. Rubbing his face a bit as he heard the front door close shut. Glancing back to see that she was no longer outside but inside the comfort of her home.

Turning on his heel as he decided to walk back home now. It had been a long night and he didn't want to think about the new confession at all. There was already someone on his mind that he had yet to meet.

The girl watched him leave from her living room window before sighing as she turned away. Heading up the stairs and towards her room. Shutting the door quietly behind her before sliding down it. Covering her face with her hands. She knew she had fallen for someone she shouldn't have but she couldn't help it. She didn't know what she could do.

Unaware that her brother had woken up in time to see her arrive home and go into her room. He didn't seem fond of whoever made his sister lock herself in her room and he wouldn't forgive whoever it was. Those plans would have to wait however, as the male had important business to deal with, with his best friend. Something that would change the lives of many close to them.

Something was brewing that night that no one would suspect them for. He knew that they had a plans for the whole mess after all. He wanted to check up on the girl first. Walking over as he gave his signature light whistle they had always used.

"Go away..."

He could hear the faint voice from the inside through the thick door. "Just open. It's me." He spoke quietly. His voice barely above normal. Knowing the rest of their family was sleeping. Thankful they got the rooms across one another. Hearing the door unlock and being opened.

Once inside he beelined to the bed before taking a seat. "What's the matter kid?"

"We're the same age, me being older, you know. Nothing is wrong either."

"Doesn't matter."

The girl listened as she shut her door before walking over. "You'll only be mad if I were to tell you."

"You're not pregnant, are you?" He asked as he turned to her right away.

"No, you idiot. I wouldn't be drinking if I was." She spoke as she gave him a small look.

"Phew. Thank goodness. I was about to say."

"Is that really what you think of me?"

"No. I think that it was his loss to not see my sister but i'm thankful that I didn't get to see him or else. Get some sleep sis."

The girl sighed. "Not really tired." She mumbled.

Her brother thought about something. "Come with me then." Getting up before leaving the room. Making sure she followed behind him before going to his room and closing the door shut before getting his things and leaving through the window.

He was already running late in meeting up with his best friend and he did not want to screw up so early on. Quietly sneaking out of the house.

"Where are we going?" The girl asked.

"Just follow me."

The walk took a while until she realized where they were and who was waiting for them. Glancing at the guy before them who gave her brother a small look.

"What the hell is she doing here?"

"I want her to join us. She will be great."

"What is she snitches?"

"Oh, she won't."

"She better not or else I'll gut her next."

"What?" She asked.

"You won't and she won't." Her brother replied quickly.

The guy turning to her. "If you even think about backing down now or snitching.. you will have the same fate as the woman inside this house, got it?" He asked. Pointing a knife at her.

The girl swallowed as she glanced at her brother.

"He won't help you."

"She's my sister.."

"Shut it. I wasn't really asking." The guy spoke. Turning back to the female beside him. "Are you going to back out and snitch or die to keep our secret?"

"I-i'll do it.." She mumbled. Feeling the tip of the knife on her chin. Having no other choice but to stay alive and join them.

"Great." The guy replied. "Glad we could come to an agreement. You'll be on the lookout tonight until you have your own costume and knife."