ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪ

WOODSBORO , CALIFORNIA ¹⁹⁹⁶

It had been a year since the first killings had happened in Woodsboro. The victim at the time having been Maureen Prescott. Mother of Sidney Prescott. The news had been everywhere about what had happened and who had been blamed. One of Maureen's love affair partners, Cotton Weary, being blamed and having to face the justice system.

Casey Becker, a young teen in Woodsboro, was home alone. She had intended on making popcorn and watching a movie that night. Especially with her boyfriend who had yet to show up. Grabbing one of the popcorn from the pantry at the moment to get it on the stove. 

It wasn't long before she heard her home phone ring at the moment. Walking away from the stove and picking up.

"Hello?" Casey asked.

"Hello?" The voice of a man answered.

"Yes?" Casey answered.

"Who is this?" The man asked.

"Who are you trying to reach?" Casey questioned.

"What number is this?" The man asked again.

Casey remained patient. "Well what number are you trying to reach?" She asked.

"I don't know." The man spoke.

"Well, I think you have the wrong number." Casey replied.

"Do I?" The guy questioned.

"It happens. Take it easy." Casey spoke before hanging up the phone. Turning as she walked away. Only making it a few feet from the phone before hearing it ring again. Turning to face the phone again before walking over immediately.

"Hello?" Casey answered. Hearing the same guy from earlier answer.

"I'm sorry. I guess I did dial the wrong number." The guy spoke.

"So then why did you dial it again?" Casey questioned as she couldn't help but have a small smile on her face.

"To apologize." The guy answered her at the moment.

"You're forgiven. Bye now." Casey spoke as she was about to hand up.

"Wait, wait, wait. Don't hang up." The guy spoke.

"What?" Casey questioned him again after hearing him.

"I want to talk to you for a second." The guy answered her.

"They've got nine hundred numbers for that. See ya." Casey spoke as she hung up on the guy one more time. Walking over to the stove as she removed the top of the popcorn and left the popcorn on the stove. Hearing her home phone ring again as she sighed. Grabbing it as she picked up.

"Hello?" She asked once again.

"Why don't you want to talk to me?" The same guy asked as he waited for her answer.

"Who is this?" Casey asked as she stood infront of the stove and moving around her popcorn.

"You tell me your name and I'll tell you mine." The guy spoke.

Casey let out a small quiet laugh. "I don't think so." She spoke shaking her popcorn a bit.

"What's that sound?" The guy on the other end of the phone asked.

"Popcorn." Casey replied.

"You're making popcorn?" He questioned.

"Uh-huh." Casey replied as she moved away from the stove at the moment.

"I only eat popcorn at the movies." The guy spoke.

"Well I happen to be getting ready to watch a video."