ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xᴠ

Suzanne had agreed to go with him to a cafe close to the university. Sitting across from Dewey who was occupied with his son. Watching as he seemed to be in awe for his little boy.

"He's beautiful." Dewey finally spoke up. "He's got my eyes." He pointed out as he smiled and admired Dallas. Turning to Suzanne when he was done admiring him.

"He does." Suzanne replied as she quietly drank her iced coffee and glanced out the window. "I guess this is the part where we split parenting and custody. Seeing as you want to be a part of his life."

"Sue don't. Okay? Look I'm sorry." Dewey spoke.

"I don't need your apologies anymore." Suzanne replied as she glanced at him. "You chose to walk away and break things off. You wanted nothing to do with me. I don't blame you for it but it hurts like hell to know that the person I loved left me too. It hurt so bad that you coming here and saying sorry won't fix things in an instant."

She took a small breath in before exhaling. "But you are Dallas' father and I want him to at least know he has a father and who it is. He's innocent of anything that happened."

Dewey listened before reaching over the table and holding her hand. "I know that coming here and saying sorry won't fix anything that happened in the last two years but please. Don't lock me out of your life."

"I can't do this again Dewey." Suzanne shook her head as she tried to pull her hand away. Unable to since he noticed and didn't let go.

"I know and I will do everything in my power to make things right again. I want to understand and I want to be there for our little boy." Dewey glanced at her to see her reaction to his words. Holding a bit of faith that she would agree.

Suzanne moved her hand away from his. "You are allowed to visit Dallas every week." She spoke as she finished her iced coffee. Glancing up at him. "I will drop him off and you can take him wherever you choose but it must be within walking distance from here."

"Sue..."

"Don't.. just don't Dewey.. I.."

Dewey got up from his seat and walked to the seat next to hers. Having Dallas in his arms. Turning to her as he placed a hand on her chin. "Help me understand." He spoke.

Suzanne listened as she glanced at him before letting out a small shaky breath. "It all happened the night you rejected me. Stu thought he could cheer me up but it ended with Billy making me a killer. He made me help kill Sideny's mom, I killed Steven and helped get Casey, I killed Principal Himbry. I couldn't just leave. It was either being killed or being spared for another day."

She hated remembering what had happened that night. "I helped Sidney leave the kitchen and I stabbed my own brother. I stabbed Billy and if it hadn't been for Sidney I wouldn't have stopped. I took my anger out on them. I took my hatred for what they did to Tatum on them. I-i enjoyed watching them as they saw the very mask they had used to kill people as the last thing they ever saw."

"I hated that he was right about how it made me feel. It felt right and I didn't want that feeling to overcome me. I didn't want to be like them. I was scared." Suzanne admitted as she glanced at him. Her eyes glossy as tears filled her eyes. Threatening to spill out at any second.

Dewey listened as he cupped her cheek with his hand. "Oh Sue.. I didn't know any of that was going on. Why didn't you tell me?"

"How could I? You left a-and losing Tatum wasn't any better." Suzanne spoke as a tear slid down her cheek. "In your eyes I was someone who helped Billy and Stu kill people. Someone who was part of your sister's death. You should be mad at me. You have every right to be. I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry Dwight.."

Dewey lightly sat his son next to him before hugging Suzanne. Bringing her closer to him as he rubbed her back. He hadn't known anything about how she had felt throught the whole mess. How she had been dealing with everything when he chose to go seperate ways. Placing a kiss on her forehead. "I'm not going anywhere. Okay? It's me and you. We're in this together." He spoke.

Suzanne listened as she rested her head on his shoulder and nodded a bit. Sniffing quietly as she wiped her cheek. Trying to calm down as his rubs helped soothe her. "You and me.." She lightly repeated. Moving away from him as she shook her head. "No.. there's no you and me Dewey."

Dewey nodded, even if it pained him to hear that, he held her closer to him before bringing their son into their small hug. "I will make up to you both for the time I've spent away." He promised. He wanted to restart and have the family he had always wanted. He was a bit upset that he had missed the first two years of his life.

"I am thankful for that." Suzanne replied to his statement.

"Do you have anyone who watches him? Helps you take care of her?" Dewey asked.

"Well Sidney and Randy help whenever they can." Suzanne spoke.

"What about your family?" He asked.

"They... they kind of disowned me after that night. After they found out about what happened that night they were more than upset. Upset that their kids had turned to the 'dark side' of things. They knew what I did to Stu and were disappointed. When I found out I was expecting, that was the last straw to them. They kicked me out and I had to move somewhere else. Sidney was nice enough to let me stay at her place for a little while during my time being pregnant." Suzanne quietly explained as she held her son's hand.

Dewey was shocked to hear what had happened. Feeling a bit of his own guilt eating at him. If he had been there for her like he had promised none of that would've happened to her. It made him want to take back time and choose to stay but he knew that his actions had already caused enough damage. "I'm sorry to hear that happened to you."

"Don't be. I learned a lot from what happened and I learned to move past what had happened." She lightly mumbled.

The two sat in silence for a while. Simply enjoying one another's comfort and presence. Dallas staying on his father's lap and doing his own thing. He was still too young to understand what was being said and how his father had been away. To her they were there and she was happy.

Suzanne was just happy to listen to her son's enthusiastic gurgles and watched him play by himself. She kept her distance from Dewey and Dewey would notice it happen.