Ella

Echo's idea seemed great at the time. Getting fucked up on ecstasy and vodka sounded like a shit ton of fun and it was. For a little bit at least.
After my third pill I remember colors being brighter and prettier. All my problems seemed to melt away and I couldn't think anything negative even if I tried. I felt like I was floating. I wished it had lasted forever, but it didn't. I must have took about eight, maybe nine, pills before everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital bed and I had an I.V needle stuck in my arm. My body aches and I was confused. My grandma was sitting next to me in a chair beside the bed.
"I can't believe you." She said with sad eyes. "I can't believe you would do such a dumb thing like that!"
"I'm sorry..." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.
"Why would you be so reckless?" She seemed angry. I always have a way of angering her.
"Grandma I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to."
"Whatever." She stood up and she was about to walk out the door. "Oh yeah, they're sending you to a mental facility. Have fun." And with that she was gone.

"How are you feeling?" One of the nurses asked as she was taking my blood pressure.
"I'm fine. You don't have to make small talk to take my blood pressure. Just get it over with." I said with a hint of bitch in my voice. She nodded and left the room. I was there for about another hour before a male nurse told me to change out of my hospital gown and put on my other clothes that I came in. I did what they told me and the escorted me to an ambulance.
"Where am I going?" I asked the man that was in the back of the ambulance with me.
"You were doing drugs and you almost killed yourself, you are going to a psychiatric hospital. You're obviously not in the right mind set." He said with a straight face. Great. Just fucking great.
"Do you know if my friend is okay? Echo?"
"No." I really hoped she was okay.
We arrived at a tall tan building. It was very intimidating. Honestly, I was scared. I have never been to a mental hospital and I wasn't sure what to expect.
The guard took me inside the building and he had to sign me in, after that some lady that was short with dark hair mid forties took me into the girls adolescent unit. When we got there, the other girls were sitting at a table in what they called the "day room" and they were painting.
"Okay girls, this is Ella. Be respectful." Then she turned to me, "if you need anything let me know okay honey?" I nodded and I went to sit with the other girls.
"What did you do to get in here?" One girl asked. "I mean, if you don't mind me asking..."
"I overdosed on ecstasy.." I said quietly and awkwardly.
"Damn" she said and continued painting.
"How old are you?" Another girl asked.
"17"
"Cool, me too, I don't have a roommate so you might be my new roommate." She smiled.
"Nobody wants to be your fucking roommate Brisa." Said a girl with dark long hair and a very nice complexion. She was very pretty and she had a ton of scars on her wrist.
"Don't be a bitch Emma." Said Brisa.
"Come here. Don't talk to them. They twist words and they're rude. They aren't true people to trust and you seem like you need someone to trust or whatever. I'm Emma." She pulled me to one of the couches and smiled a half smile.
"I'm Ella, but you already know that." She laughed a bit.
"This place is a fucking hell hole and since you overdosed you are gonna have to make yourself at home. You'll be here a while."
"Great." I rolled my eyes.
"Girls, this is Echo. Again, please be respectful and don't be rude." Said the lady that brought me in. I turned and saw Echo and she saw me. She walked straight to me.
"What the fuck dude." I said to her.
"Why the hell are we here? this makes no sense. They think I tried to kill myself!" A tear rolled down the side of her face.
"I don't know dude"
"So I see you two know each other." Said Emma.