Emma

"Emma." I looked up, and bam,  a fucking pillow to the face.

"What the fuck, man!" I said.

"Get up, you're gonna be late. Again." she said slowly. I threw off my blanket and sat in my bed for a couple minutes. Deciding not to shower, I exited the bathroom. Slowly I made my way down the hall into the dayroom. Walking in, I saw a new girl sitting on one of the couches alone. She had blue eyes and dark long black hair, I noticed freckles all over her face.  I saw Brisa talking to her. Whore, I thought to myself.

"Nobody wants to be your fucking roommate Brisa." I snapped.

"Don't be a bitch Emma." Said Brisa.

"Come here. Don't talk to them. They twist words and they're rude. They aren't true people to trust and you seem like you need someone to trust or whatever. I'm Emma."  I introduced myself. She seemed nice enough, I could use someone to talk to for once.

"I'm Ella, but you already know that."

 "This place is a fucking hell hole and since you overdosed you are gonna have to make yourself at home. You'll be here a while." I said.

 "Great." She rolled her eyes.

 "Girls, this is Echo. Again, please be respectful and don't be rude." Said Holly. Echo, she had short hair, pretty looking, everything else was a mess. Rough night. I thought to myself. Immediately Ella ran over to her, I slowly followed.

"So I see you two know each other." I said. Standing next to Ella, I listened to them talk. About what, I'm not sure. I didn't pay attention long enough to find out.

"C'mon girls, line up." Holly said.

"Where are we going?" Ella asked me.

"Probably the patio. I think today is our turn to go outside." I replied. Leading the way, Ella followed. And behind her, Echo came too. We made our way outside. I plopped on one of the benches. "I remember my first time here. You get used to it." I said, trying to make things less quiet.

"Yeah?" Echo asked.

"Ha. No, that's a load of shit. Have fun in hell girls." I said. I saw Echo and Ella share a worried look with each other. "Kidding." I said flatly. "After a couple times, you actually do get used to it. It's still shit though. But you might as well take what you can from this shit hole while you're here." I said. They seemed to get a little less worried. "You guys think you'll be back here?" I asked.

"Fuck no." They said together. I laughed a bit.

"Yup, that's what I said my first time here too." I said.

"How many times have you been here?" Asked Ella.

"Hmmmm, 6? No, 5? Around there." I answered.

"Damn..." Echo said. I wasn't too sure about them yet. They seemed okay I guess. Then again, I met them, what, 10 minutes ago. Hard to make that type of decision within 10 fucking minutes. Things got quiet again.

"So, did they take your bra's away? or did they ruin them by taking out the wire?" I asked, showing a small smile.

"My bra is fucked." Answered Echo

"Mine too." Agreed Ella. I nodded. A couple minutes of silence went by. I didn't give a shit anymore.

"Time to go inside." Holly said loudly. I rolled my eyes and slowly got up. My ass hurt from that damn bench. I followed the line inside. Opening the door, to reveal the boys standing on the other side. More comments. More rude gestures. More bullshit.

"Is it always like this?..." Ella whispered in my ear.

"Yup. And we can't do jack shit about it." I replied. We found our way  into the dayroom. Claiming the couch, I put my feet up and layed down. They stood awkwardly next to me. "You guys can grab a chair. Unless you like standing, then keep doing what you're doing." I told them. Still keeping quiet, Ella and Echo both grabbed a chair and moved it over next to me. I looked up. Staring at the cloud painted celling, I started to doze off.