Ella

"This is Destiny, Destiny this is Ella. She's your new roommate." Emma introduced us and left to go take her shower.
"Hi." She said awkwardly and I just gave her a smile. She didn't seem to want to talk and I was fine with that.
"Ella?" I heard a voice call my name. I turned to see Pauline holding one of my duffle bags. "Your grandmother dropped off some clothes for you. We already went through and took out any drawstrings or wires." She said handing me the bag and glancing at my shoes. "Hun, you're going to have to take out those shoe laces." I nodded and did what she told me too. I handed them to her and she put them behind the counter. "We already put your hygiene in the closet."
I dropped off my bag in my room behind the door in the closet and went to get my hygiene box out of the closet so I could take a shower.
The shower curtain was stuck to the ceiling with velcro. What the fuck. I thought. I can't believe I'm in a fucking mental facility.
The water pressure was shit and when I turned off the water and got out to dry myself it was really cold. The air was chilled and the floor felt like ice.
"Are you done yet?" Asked Destiny.
"Yeah hold on." I replied as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I walked right past her and put my dirty clothes in my closet space. She got in the shower and I laid in bed.
"Where is Destiny?" One of the night techs asked. I glanced at the bathroom door and she nodded.
"Um why?" I asked curiously.
"She is getting discharged tonight."
"I thought she still had a couple more days left?" I said confused.
"Early release." She walked out the door with no more words said.
Density got out of the shower and laid in her bed.
"Youre getting discharged tonight."
"What?" She sounded confused.
"One of the techs came and asked for you but you were in the shower." I shrugged. She got up and slipped on some slippers that had pink and Purple Hearts hearts on them then rushed into the hall. She was excited and I didn't blame her.
I heard a noise coming into my room, someone was rolling something in my room.
"Let me see your arm, I need to take your blood pressure." said the night tech. I lifted my arm and she folded the wrap on my upper arm. It puffed up then slowly went down.
"What time is it?" I asked half Asleep.
"5:07" she replied. What. The. Actual. Fuck. I hate this place. Five in the morning really? I looked over at the empty bed beside me. Damn I can't even complain to Destiny about it because she's gone.
I got dressed and went to the day room. Emma was sitting on the couch writing in her notebook.
"Hey" I went and sat next to her.
"Hey how'd you sleep?" She glanced up and smiled.
"Shit. It felt like I got five minutes, the night went by really fast and the dumb tech came in and took my damn blood pressure at five in the morning. This is so stupid." I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah get used to that, it happens every morning." she went back to scribbling words into her notebook.
"What are you writing?" I was hesitant to ask.
"I'm writing to my boyfriend." she seemed sad. It was easy to tell that she missed him like crazy. Her eyes teared up but she covered it up with a fake yawn.
"Cool. So uh where is Echo?" I asked pretending I didn't almost see her cry.
"She's in the shower."
"Where did you get the notebook?"
"At the front desk."
I went and asked for a notebook. It was black and flimsy, like the one Emma had. I grabbed a pencil and started writing.
Dear Alex,
So, in case you haven't found out already, after the rave shit went down that landed me in a hospital. I'm not mad at you for hitting me, you had your intentions right. I shouldn't have taken those pills. Anyway, I hope you're not mad at me because I miss you. I'm going to convince my grandma to put you on my visitation list and my call list. You would have to be my "cousin" because it's supposed to just be family but I wanna see you. I love you babe. This place fucking sucks. Echo is here with me, I mean I know you don't like her but she is my best friend and it's nice to know I'm not alone here. We met this really cool girl here, her name is Emma. I have a room to myself which is cool I guess. They wake you up at five in the morning to take blood pressure and it sucks ass. Everything thing here is shit. Babe I really miss you.
-Ella
P.s. I love you babe.
"Who are you writing to?" Emma grinned.
"My boyfriend." I grinned back.
Echo walked into the room and sat next to us on the couch.
"Where did you guys get the notebooks"
We pointed at the front desk and she walked over and got one herself.
"Let me guess, you're writing to your dick face boyfriend?" She asked me. I shot a glare in her direction and she knew she took it a bit far. I knew she didn't like him but god forbid she go one minute without talking shit about him. Same goes for Alex too though. I want them to get along but that's not happening anytime soon.
"Cmon ladies, time for breakfast!"
"Fantastic" Emma said with sarcasm in her voice and smiled at us.