Blossoming in Sendai

Edited: 7/4/2024

------------Tsuki's POV------------

Hello my name is Tsuki Obake, I'm 14 it's my start of high school. My parents moved us to Sendai City from Tokyo, they wanted fewer people to find out about the monster that is their son. 

You see, ever since I was born I've been able to do the impossible. Whenever I can summon tree roots from the ground, hell, it doesn't even need to be the ground. I normally don't use my powers, only when I need to protect myself from my father. My parents call me a monster, and they have to be right. No one else can do something like this, so I HAVE to be a monster. My mother always reminds me before I leave the house to not touch anyone, in case I turn them into wood. That's never happened before, but I don't want to take any chances so I follow her rules. My parents have a set of rules that I have to follow to be allowed outside.

Rule 1: Never touch anymore. 

I follow this rule. I always make sure I don't come in contact with anyone. 

2. No friends.

I never understood that rule. Why wasn't I allowed friends? I asked that once to my mother and she told me that it was because I might hurt them, or they might out about my powers.

3. Never show your abilities to anymore.

My father set this rule for me. He doesn't want people to know that his only child is a monster, which I understand. So I have to keep my emotions in check.

4. No using your abilities.

Again my father set that rule. He doesn't like my abilities, so I am not allowed to use them. So he gets pissed when I use my powers to defend myself from him.

5. Never go out.

This rule was put in place when we moved here. Back in Tokyo my parents never wanted me home, so I was allowed to be out of the house at all hours of the night. But something happened that changed that...I still don't know what happened. I was at a park when I blacked out, I don't remember much, but according to my parents, I blacked out and my abilities went insane. Luckily there weren't any people around, but it was enough to make my parents afraid and put that rule in place. If I were to ever break any of these rules I am sent to the basement for as long as my father wants me to be down there. 

-------------Narrator's POV------------

A young boy walks down the hall of his new school. He has shoulder-length black hair, his bangs were covering his golden eyes. He was wearing the boy's uniform, even though he looked like a girl. He was holding the straps to his bag as he nervously walked down the hall to the office. He was called there for some reason. He hadn't been to this school that long and was worried that he got in trouble already. He was scared of the school calling his parents and getting in trouble. He got to the office and opened the door. A teacher looked over at him and smiled.

Teacher: "Mr. Obake, there you are. Here."

The young boy looked at his teacher confused, but still walked over to him. The teacher handed him a slip of paper and he took it.

Teacher: "I understand you are new to the year, so I will explain it to you. You NEED to join at least one of these clubs. Here is a list of clubs to choose from. I'll give you the end of the week to choose."

The young boy looked at his teacher shocked and worried. He understood what his teacher was talking about, but he got nervous about how his parents would react. One of the rules set by his parents was that after school, he would head straight home. He didn't know how they would feel about after-school clubs. But he said nothing about it and nodded his head instead. He walked out of the office while looking down at the sheet of paper in his hand. He looked through the list, and none of these clubs piqued his interest. that is until he came across one club name. The Occolut club. His eyes sparkled as he thought about it. He quickly thought this occult club could help him with his abilities, or at least explain to him where they came from. So he headed over to where the club room was. He stood in front of the door, nervously clutching his bag. He was nervous about what he was about to do. He knew this was one of the rules he shouldn't be breaking, but he needed answers and these people might be able to give them to him. So he reached his arm up and knocked on the door.