Cookies (Pt. 1)

Oh my GOD I RAN TO WRITE THIS. Promt: Branch knew Poppy was coming over and baked cookies for her. He now smells like cookies and so does the bunker.

ENJOY GUYS THERES A BROPPY SHORTAGE SO I HOPE THIS HELPS A BIT

________________________________________________________________________________

     Branch woke up at 5 A.M., his usual schedule. He remembered a text message from last night vaguely, and it was from Poppy. He turned his phone on again to check the text. It was 1:56 A.M. when he got it.

Poppy my love: hii branchie!!!! imma come over tmmrw,, jusst lettin u know!! mwah love uu ^3^

     Branch chuckled and hugged his phone before getting up. He put on his robe over his pajamas and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

     While he was brushing his teeth, he couldn't help but think of something nice to do for Poppy. I mean, she's done a lot for him, why not return the favor? As he spit out his toothpaste he finally came up with an idea. Something simple but something poppy LOVES. Chocolate chip cookies. He looked up a recipe online and found the perfect one.

     Once he was done getting ready, he looked at the recipe for all of the ingredients he needs. He took out all of the ingredients, put on an apron, and started baking

~ time skip 2 hours later ~

     Branch placed the last cookie in a clear glass jar carefully and sighed. He finally finished baking the cookies (which he taste tested) and made them look presentable. "Poppy will for sure love these." He took off his apron, washed his hands, and checked his phone in case he got a text from Poppy. No text yet. He used a bit of water to fix his hair. When he did, he heard a knock.

     "Branch!" Poppy could be heard yelling from down in the bunker. It was an excited yell.

     Branch found himself outside with Poppy, who gave him a big and tight hug. He returned the hug and spun her around. "Ready to go inside?"

     Poppy nodded and held her boyfriend's hand the whole way down. She sniffed a bit as if she smelled something. "Did you bake in here or something?"

     Branch put his hand behind his neck. "Yeah.. they're not the best, but I tasted one and they're pretty good. I-I think." He felt his face get a bit redder, nervous of what Poppy would think.

     "Well, anything is good as long as it's made by you." Poppy had a toothy smile.

     Branch loved Poppy's toothy smile, he adored it dearly. He giggled at Poppy's remark and held Poppy's hand tighter.

     When they were done going down, Branch stopped the lever and said, "Ladies first."

     "Why thank you sir," Poppy said in a fancy tone, then bursted out laughing.

     Branch joined in the laughing too, following after Poppy. He then led her in the kitchen, grabbing the clear glass jar the cookies were stored in. "Want a cookie?"

     "Yeah of course!!" She took a cookie from the jar and took a bite out of it. "This is SO good Branch! What'd you put in it?"

     "Your favorite chocolate chips, sprinkles, and love of course." He left the jar on the counter and closed it. "You can take any cookies anytime."

     Poppy nodded and gently put her hand on Branch's face,  touching his mole, giggling.

     Branch put his hand over hers, chuckling.

     "You smell like cookies too," she said. "You smell good."

     "Never thought cookies would be a scent that suits me." Branch took Poppy's hand and kissed it, smirking.

     Poppy's face flushed as she fanned herself, fangirling over Branch kissing her hand. She kissed Branch, laughing after.

     Branch chuckled, and it then turned into a laugh as both of them laughed together.

     The two of them danced together for a bit, dressed up and messed around, and watched a couple episodes of a show they both enjoy. They ended up on the couch, sitting next to each other, watching the show. Poppy leaning against Branch, his arm around her shoulders.

     "You still smell like cookies. I like it." Poppy kissed Branch's cheek and leaned her head on his shoulder.

     Branch felt his cheeks get a bit warmer as he chuckled and leaned his head on Poppy's.

________________________________________________________________________________

716 words wewww :33 IF ANY OF U GUYS WANT A CONTINUATION I WILL BE DOING ONE, ITS JUST THE THING IS BEING WEIRD AND NOT SAVING MY PROGRESS SO I JUST HAVE TO GET THIS OUT ASAP