Chapter 9

After Lincoln received his letter about the medal, the Loud family went to the gas station to get the lottery ticket. The ladies followed Lincoln's plan, and it worked beautifully. The twins caused a ruckus, making the manager come running. Luan spilled the soda, causing him to slide out the backdoor. Luna played her axe to cancel out his yelling to be let back in. Lynn played hockey, roughhoused him, and shoved him into a dumpster. Lori and Leni flirted with the other staff who were next in charge to distract them, while Lucy and Lisa deleted the security footage to avoid trouble. Rita bought the lottery ticket, and they left before anyone suspected a thing. Lincoln told them which slots to scratch out, and they won – 20 million dollars.

Even though they saw it coming, they were excited and cheered. The sisters and Rita smothered Lincoln with hugs and kisses. They cashed the lottery ticket, and Rita spent and financed it all on only what they needed. She bought three brand new vehicles – two large vans for her and Lynn Sr. and a good SUV for Lori. They sent Vanzilla straight to the compactor and watched it get destroyed after saving their goodbyes. The vision of Lori getting into a car accident quickly became colorless, indicating it wouldn't happen much to everyone's relief. Lori and Rita were so relieved that they wept tears of joy.

Lori held Lincoln close, "Thank you, Lincoln! Thank you!"

"You're welcome, Lori. I told you everything was going to be okay," Lincoln assured.

Rita hugged Lori from behind, "My baby girl's gonna live!"

The rest of the Loud sisters joined in on the group hug. Lori cried happy tears as she held Lincoln close, and Rita sobbed joyfully as she held her eldest daughter – some of the other sisters wiped their tears.

"O-M-Gosh! I can't stop crying!" Leni wept as she fanned her eyes with her mascara was running.

"I know, dudes! The tears, they won't stop!" Luna added with her lips quivering.

"Lin-n-n-ncoln, you're our hero!" Lori sobbed with a broken voice while brushing her cheek against his hair.

"Lori, it's okay, honey. It's all right," Lincoln promised while hugging her back and having a few tears roll down his cheeks.

After a long while, everyone could get a hold of themselves. Lori planted a long kiss on Lincoln's face and said softly, "I literally love you so much."

"I love you too, Lori. I love all of you," Lincoln said warmly, "Actually, you know what will make everyone feel better? Some kisses from our baby girl, Lily."

"What?" Rita chuckled while wiping her tears.

Lincoln picked up Lily and said singly, "Lily, baby girl, Lily. Do you want to give everyone some kisses? Yes?"

Lily smiled and made kissing noises with her cute little hands, trying to grab her sisters. This made everyone smile.

"Oooh, you wanna kiss Momma?" Rita cooed.

She leaned in to let Lily kiss her. Then the sisters, oldest to youngest, all gave cute commentary.

"Aw, does our little Lily love us?" Leni cooed.

"Oh yes! Yes, she does," Luan purred.

"Sweet baby girl, Lily," Lori added while tickling her little tummy, making her laugh.

"I think Lily's forgetting someone," Lola said.

"Oh yeah. She needs to kiss the best brother in the whole world!" Luna agreed.

Lily made kissing noises, reaching for Lincoln. He smiled and leaned in for Lily to kiss his face, and then she giggled a laugh.

"Hopefully, this whole mess will be long over before you're old enough to start asking questions. Because if there's one thing we all want, it's for our baby sister to be safe and happy," Lincoln stated.