Chapter 25

Meanwhile, in the Future

Future Lincoln was surrounded by an army of mercenaries, giant robots, and gunships the size of battleships hovering in the air armed with large laser cannons. Future Lincoln powered himself up, making his whole body glow a bright white and blue flame. His eyes shined a bright light, making his pupils disappear. The mercenaries fired their guns at Future Lincoln, but he summoned a force field to shield himself and deflect the blast from the guns. Many of the mercenaries were hit by the ricocheting bullets and laser blasts.

Future Lincoln shot giant energy blasts that obliterated hundreds in a few seconds, leaving large crater valleys. The gunships fired their laser cannons, but Lincoln teleported out of the way. He used his telekinesis powers to grab two ships and smashed them hard together, making them erupt in large incendiary explosions. Then, the giant robots attacked. One tried to punch him, but Future Lincoln dodged it, grabbed part of the arm, and threw the robot into another one. One giant robot tried to stomp on Lincoln, but he used both his hands to stop the giant metal foot, and with great strength, he sent it flying through the air, crashing into a gunship, resulting in it breaking in half.

Future Lincoln continued to kill more of them using his powers – shooting lightning blasts, shooting them with energy balls, waves of fire, throwing them around and into each other. He summoned giant flaming twisters that swallowed them and burned them to ashes. He hovered boulders out of the ground and shot them like bullets at the enemy, crushing them and destroying their vehicles and ships – he even used his powers to craft the rocks into large spikes to impale the mercenaries. Future Lincoln bent the earth to fold and crush them. He ended the fight by using his powers to make himself into a giant and crushed them with his fists and feet while shooting energy beams. The enemy had only a few seconds to scream or cry in agony before dying. Some tried to get away, but Lincoln killed them.

In less than ten minutes, Future Lincoln cleared the area of the entire army. He flew toward the big buildings across the terrain. He stood before the steel doors and bashed them open with his fist.

"Star!" Future Lincoln roared, "Star! Golden Star, where are you?! Come out and face me!"

The building was empty and quiet. Then, someone attacked him from behind with an energy blast. Lincoln summoned an energy shield just in time. When the dust cleared, he saw her – Golden Star. She was wearing futuristic armor that looked similar to Samus's, except the shoulder pads weren't giant ball-shaped, the armor was shiny golden, and she didn't have a gun for a right hand. The face shield was mirrored like sunglasses, completely hiding her face. On her wrist was a future visions disruptor bracelet like the robots and Edge have been using.

Her helmet had a computerized voice to disguise her own, "White Death. I knew sooner or later you'd find me."

"What's with the time machines and the assassins? You're trying to kill my past self?" Future questioned.

"I would love to go over my plans with you, but I'm not going to . . . because I don't want to," Golden Star replied.

"Not even if I say please?"

However, a dark energy ball was thrown toward and turned into a vortex. Future Lincoln used his powers to counteract the vortex. He looked at another woman wearing armor similar to Golden Star's, but hers was black and purple. She had a bracelet too. Future Lincoln's eyes widened when he saw her.
"Black Ghost?" Future Lincoln spoke.

"Missed me?" Black Ghost asked in her computerized voice.

"What the hell? You should be dead."