Prequel

My dad just dropped me off in front of The Regis School, or as the locals call it "The Rejects School" My name is Y/n Tepper, I have a twin brother, Billy Tepper. We have always been close, but we haven't had the chance to spend much time together lately as, let's just say, we're not the best kids in the world. Billy and I have so far been kicked out of a grand total of 3 schools in the past 3 years. We are now 16, and things are beginning to get more complicated. Last year, Billy was transferred to The Regis School, a boarding school for boys. I was transferred to some shitty all girls prep school, and I got kicked out of there REAL fast. Somehow, Billy has actually managed to stay in this school, and now our parents are convinced that this school has straightened him out and that it may be the one to straighten me out. I've been homeschooling for the rest of the previous semester, and now I'm going to Regis for my last year. There's just one catch. No girls allowed. Now, I tried to tell my parents this, but as per usual, they never listen and think that they're always right. So, they took me to the principal and explained. He, of course, denied my attending of this school. That was, until my parents pulled out their little 'get out of jail free card'. My dad, Steven Tepper, is the biggest, most well- respected mafia leader in Pennsylvania. So, my dad can be a very convincing guy. Let's just say. I was accepted to join the school. However, I was warned that if I wanted to stay in this school, I couldn't let any of the boys know that I was a girl. The results would be catastrophic. So here I am, standing outside of the gates in a baggy jumper and sweatpants and a hideous wig to hide my hair. I look like one of the three stooges. This is going to be a long year. Now, here's a little bit of background information. There are only four people at this school who know I'm a girl, my brother Billy, the principal, the dean, and Billy's and mines best friend, Joey Trotta. I've known Joey since we were about 6 years old. His dad, Albert Trotta, just so happens to be the biggest, most well-respected mafia leader in New York, the neighbouring state. Our dads get along very well and are actually good friends, meaning that Billy, Joey, and I would get to play with each other often when we were kids. We had to say goodbye to Joey for some time as he was sent to The Regis School straight away, whereas Billy and I were placed somewhere else. I can't wait to see him. God, the last time I saw him, we were both about 13. He was so adorable, I remember I had the BIGGEST crush on him, but over time, those feelings started to quiet down. You meet new people and forget about some. Besides, we were only 13. I walked towards the gates, ready to be greeted by the guard when some of the boys ran past me. They were in gym clothes. I guess i've arrived just in time to skip the last lesson. Suddenly, I hear my "name" being called out from behind me. Oh, I forgot to mention, since no one can know I'm a girl, I'm now going by the name Carl. How delightful.
BILLY: Carl!
I turn around and roll my eyes at my brother. He finds this whole situation really amusing.
Y/N: Shut up
Shit. Dear God, please tell me no one was around to hear that. If this stupid wig doesn't give me away, my voice will. As he got closer, he didn't need to use my fake name. The conversation was more private.
BILLY: Hey Y/n
Y/N: Hey
BILLY: Are you excited for your first day?
Y/N: Oh yeah, can't wait...
Just then, another boy runs up to us. Much taller and skinnier, with hazel brown eyes and matching hair. He's kind of cute... I lock eyes with him, and I can feel my heart rate begin to increase, and I'm sweating like crazy. Who is this boy?
JOEY: Hey Y/n
Then it hits me. Oh my God, it's Joey. Wow, he aged well. I mean, I know I haven't seen him in like 3 years, but God, I never thought he'd look like this... This really is going to be a long year.