1. {~The Story~}

Third person
________________________________

As the young 7 year old Val'keira and her itsuka Amethyst were poking holes into the thick ice with their tails to catch fish, a big shadow caused the glow of the sun that was shining off the ice to disappear. There wasn't a single cloud that day which made Val'keira confused until she looked up and saw a huge flying metal man-made hut thing. It looked like the huts her people had lived in, only it was metal and shaped differently, and obviously flying.

The next thing she knew was that her surroundings became burning hot and the screams of her people were heard in the distance. Val'keira hopped onto Amethysts back as they began to run back to the village. They dodged loads of explosions and as she saw her parents she felt more calm, but just as amethyst jumped to exit the packed ice, an explosion was formed right behind them and they fell threw.

The last thing Val'keira remembers is her hand grazing her fathers as he attempted to reach for her. As he missed her hand, Amethyst wrapped herself around Val in a hug like position to comfort her and to keep her safe as they were caught in the curent of the water under the ice and carried away into the ocean.

________________________________
7 years later / present day
Val'keira's POV
________________________________

As I sat by the water, I thought about my old village and how much I missed the cold. My skin was made to keep me warm in the cold, but when it's already hot, I feel like I'm boiling. Luckily, the Metkayina clan are all about water, meaning I get some sort of way to cool off.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts as Tsireya tapped on my shoulder to let me know she was there. She then sat down beside me and copied me by watching the sunrise and zoning out into her own thoughts.

When the Metkayina clan found me and Amethyst washed up on the beach, they brought me to the chief. When Tonowari (the chief) saw me, he knew immediately who I was, and since the word had spread that my village was attacked, he thought I was dead, but because my father (the F'aomayina clan chief) was his friend, he took me into his family and basically adopted me.

Over the 7 years I've been here, other than Tonowari. Tsireya has been the person who's been the nicest to me and she's also calls me her sister and treats me like it. Ao'nung calls me his sister too and he acts like I'm his sister, but in front of his friends it's different. He makes jokes about me to be cool in front of them, but honestly being a dick is kinda one of his talents.

Although I've grown to call them my family and they've adopted me into theirs. I miss my mother and father everyday and I also miss Pa'koa (paw-k-oh-uh) my older brother. He always protected me and we always hung out together, even when we were with our friends. The day my village was attacked, Pako ( Pa'koas nickname) was getting the fish catchers at our hut when the explosions were set off. If only we would've listened to our parents and stayed inside of our hut because the ice wasn't as thick as it should have been, we would've been together in our hut and he would've comforted me by placing me in a hug and making me feel safe, maybe I'd still be with him right now.

The whole village and all the other clans believe that my whole clan is dead and that I'm the only one alive, but I can't think like that, I have to believe that they're alive because if I dont then I wouldn't know what to do. I still believe that they are out there, searching for me, but it's been 7 years, yet I still believe that they can't be dead because it's impossible, they can't be.

I was then snapped out of my thoughts again by Tsireya speaking, "wanna go out for a ride on the Ilu's? I heard the water is suuuupppeeerrrrrr calm today!"

Another thing I forgot to mention is, yes the tribe allowed me to keep Amethyst but I'm not aloud to ride her or connect my queue with hers, and as long as I am apart of the Metkayina clan I must only ride and connect my queue to my Ilu, Zari.

"Yeah, I heard some people talking about it when I woke up," I agreed as I continued to stare at the almost fully raised sun.

"It's also very nice out," Tsireya replied.

Although she wasn't wrong, it was a very nice day. She seemed to forget that I wasn't like her though, and that I have thick skin.

"Yeah, I'm sweating," I replied with a chuckle.

"Well, lets go!" Tsireya slightly shouted with a smile as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the water.

We both dove under the water with ease as the water molded it self around us. When we came back up, we began calling for our ilu's and within seconds we were racing through the water on the backs of our ilu's. We both started smiling and laughing as we splashed each other and made each other fall off our ilu's.

Not once before would I ever imagine that i'd be in the water every day and bathing in the heat of the sun. I cant lie, it feels nice, relaxing. It was hard at first, but I caught on, and if I were to tell my past self that I would be smiling and laughing while I rode on my very own ilu with the girl I have grown to call my sister, I wouldn't believe it and i'd call myself a liar.

We rode around some more and sat on the
back of whale like creatures for a while. We mostly just talked for a bit and then afterwards we called our ilu's again, deciding that it was probably time to head back and eat.

________________________________

Authors Note
________________________________

That was the first chapter and I hope that you liked it. Remember that this is my first book and if you find any grammar mistakes or mistakes in general and things that just don't fit in or you have any ideas or things you want added, please let me know and I'll do what I can. <3