1: Welcome to my problems

Based off the song "Dilemma" by Green Day (from new album "Saviours")

[DISCLOSURE: Schlatt's revival is not canon, and didn't really happen. I just made it up :P However other than that I'm trying to mention canon events and stuff so look out for that. However the quote below was actually canon.]

Also, all art/images in this story are mine!

...

"The meeting in the underground gym ended with Quackity making a bet with Schlatt; if Schlatt won, Quackity would revive him using and stealing Dream's book, which led to Quackity visiting Dream in the prison, though the exact results of the bet are unknown."

...

A sky full of stars stretched across Las Nevadas, dark and inky, light being reflected off the casinos and streetlights and into the sky, giving the whole place a fluorescent glow. Somewhere within the expansive city, Quackity sat within one of the casinos or bars, one of the smallest in the city; it wouldn't be a great image to see the president of a prospering country drowning his sorrows blatantly. Therefore, Quackity was left feeling sorry for himself in some back alley bar, his eyes half closed as he sat slumped over an alcohol-stained table, not caring how he got there or what was happening around him. Everyone he had loved had died or left him; he had this country, but what was it worth? It was just another way for him to entertain himself.

On this cold winter evening, Schlatt knew Quackity would be in that small bar, and he timed his arrival almost to just before closing. He watched Quackity from the door; dark hair, his recognisable beanie covering it. Quackity wore a white shirt and his black suspenders holding up his trousers instead of a belt, and Schlatt had to move to the other side of the bar to see the president's face, to see the long silver scar running down from above his eye to the side of his lip, twisting his face, especially when he scowled, as one could see the golden tooth in the corner of his mouth. Oh, how Schlatt had missed him, he thought, with a smirk on his lips.

Quackity stared at his glass as if it were the most interesting thing, trying not to look at the casino's guests. He finished the last drop of champagne, putting the glass on the table. For a few seconds, he didn't do anything. No one seemed to notice his sadness. Quietly and slowly, he pulled his phone out of his jacket pocket.

The fluorescent screen of the small device reflected onto his face, illuminating his scar. Quackity started dialling a number and put the phone at his ear.

He was listening to the sound of the phone ringing until the other end of the line picked up.

"Karl?" Quackity's voice was so small and frail, it made Schlatt want to laugh.

As if from the shadows of the city itself, Schlatt walked up behind the smaller man and took the phone out of Quackity's hand, and hung up, before sitting down opposite him on the table, his posture slouched and laid back.

Quackity's eyes shifted to look at him, he was surprised by the other man's appearance, and the fact that the former president was alive. From Schlatt's expression, he looked more like a deer caught in headlights than anything; barely living and haggard. But after a few seconds of shock... a look of disgust passed across Quackity's face, as in front of him, was an old enemy, but also an old lover.

"Schlatt," Quackity said, his voice possibly weaker than before, and not meeting Schlatt's eyes. "You're here..."

"I came." Schlatt said, matching Quackity's tone. "You seem..."

"I was starting to hope you wouldn't come back. Ever."

Quackity, after a few seconds, looked at him and smiled dimly. He was trying to keep calm, but it was impossible not to feel slightly nervous around Schlatt, especially as he still held the president's phone.