Echoes In The Capitol

The journey back to the Capitol aboard the sleek hovercraft was a blur for Prim, her mind still haunted by the recent horrors of the arena. Capitol workers, adorned in sterile white uniforms, tried to approach her with medical aid, but she instinctively pushed them away, retreating into a corner of the cabin as if the shadows could shield her from the pain. Amidst the sterile hum of the hovercraft, Prim's mentor Seraphin, a seasoned victor with a haunted gaze, approached. His calming presence bridged the gap between the Capitol's clinical efficiency and Prim's visceral fear. He spoke in soothing tones, reassuring her that help was there for the taking, not another threat to be endured. As the hovercraft glided through the air, Seraphin's words became a lifeline. Slowly, Prim allowed the Capitol workers to tend to her, addressing the physical and emotional wounds inflicted by the mutts. The journey, once marked by fear, transformed into a bridge between the brutality of the arena and the uncertain sanctuary of the Capitol.

Upon landing, Prim was ushered into the Tribute Tower, a looming structure that felt both like a haven and a cage. In the medical corridor, skilled hands tended to the more serious injuries, mending the physical toll the Hunger Games had taken. When she emerged, her body bore the scars of survival, but her spirit seemed to flicker with a dim flame of resilience. In the welcoming embrace of the Tribute Tower, her stylists Aurelia and Orion awaited. They stood against the opulent backdrop, their expressions a delicate dance of congratulations and condolences. Aurelia, draped in flamboyant fabrics, offered a tentative smile, the weight of loss reflected in her eyes. Orion, with a subtle gesture, conveyed a silent understanding as he greeted Prim with a nod.

The Capitol, a realm of opulence and excess, seemed to hold its breath in the face of Prim's return. As the doors of the medical corridor slid open, the Capitol's machinations paused for a moment, allowing Prim to step back into the artificial splendor. Yet, beneath the veneer of celebration, Prim carried the echoes of loss—the silent toll of a victory paid in blood. Plutarch Heavensbee, the elusive Game Maker, materialized from the shadows, a figure of calculated intrigue. His eyes, shrewd and inscrutable, met Prim's briefly before he disappeared into the Capitol's labyrinth. The subtle exchange left an unsettling question lingering in the air—how much of the Capitol's design did Plutarch hold, and to what end?