Capitol Elegy

The grandeur of the Crown Ceremony unfolded in the opulent halls of the Capitol, a spectacle of triumph shadowed by the ghosts of the fallen. President Coin, her voice resonating with cold authority, addressed the Capitol elite gathered in celebration.

"Ladies and gentlemen," President Coin declared, her tone cutting through the applause, "the victor of the 95th Hunger Games: Primrose Mallark!"

 The cheers erupted, a discordant symphony of jubilation and the unsung echoes of tributes long gone. President Coin, adorned in her regal demeanor, approached Prim with the crown—a symbol of victory stained by the brutality of the arena. With deliberate grace, she placed the crown on Prim's head, sealing her triumph in the annals of Capitol history.

As Prim ascended to the pinnacle of Capitol adoration, she found herself in the captivating grasp of Cesar Flickerman during the subsequent interview. The Capitol's charismatic host, known for weaving narratives with finesse, engaged Prim in a dialogue that transcended the scripted veneer Cesar, with his infectious energy, turned to Prim with genuine curiosity. 

"Primrose, my dear, the arena witnessed both triumph and tragedy. How does it feel to emerge victorious, knowing the cost paid in the currency of loss?"

Prim's eyes flickered with a mix of sorrow and determination. "Victory in the Games is a double-edged sword. The cheers feel hollow when you carry the weight of those you've lost. It's a price too high, and the toll on the soul is immeasurable."

Cesar nodded, acknowledging the gravity of her words. "Indeed, the arena leaves scars beyond the physical. Now, let's talk about Finnick Mallark. His story has touched the hearts of many. How do you plan to honor his memory?"

A tender smile played on Prim's lips. "Finnick was more than a tribute; he was my little brother. To honor him, I'll carry his spirit in every step. His laughter, his courage—those are the memories I'll cherish. And in my victories, he'll live on."

Cesar, recognizing the depth of Prim's connection to Finnick, continued the conversation. "And what about the brave girl from District 5, Portia Little? Her sacrifice was poignant. How will you keep her memory alive?"

Prim's expression softened. "Even in our brief encounter, Portia showed remarkable courage. I'll strive to embody the bravery she displayed until her last breath. In my actions, she'll find a voice that echoes through the Capitol's callous silence."

The Capitol, engrossed in the conversation, witnessed a rare authenticity in Prim's responses. The interview became more than a staged exchange—it became a nuanced exploration of the human cost hidden behind the facade of celebration.