1 ⋆ BADASSES

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

A small girl sat alone in a big spaceship, waiting for her dad and friends to return.
She was kicking her legs back and forth.

"It's honestly unfair how a tiny little sapling can go with them on their silly mission, but I can't.
I mean, I am eight years old. Uncle YoYo taught me how to shoot and defend myself. I am literally taller than Rocket, but it's apparently 'too dangerous' as Daddy puts it.

Ugh, I'd much rather be with YoYo, he lets me go on missions. Says 'm tiny, that's why I have to 'borrow' stuff for him. All I do here is read space books and color. I mean, I love doin' it but it gets boring after a while."

Esther vented to a small ginger troll doll. The doll blankly stared back with the same happy expression it always has. Esther looked at the troll for a few more seconds before sighing heavily and standing up.

She walked over to the pilot's chair and sat down. She grabbed the steering wheel and turned it around, screaming all kinds of things.
"Ah! We're under attack!
Look out, Mr. Troll, they're right behind us!
Yes! I killed them all! "

She acted out the scene, Her blonde hair flailing all around.
Suddenly, the doors opened and Esther jumped out of the seat. She put Mr. Troll in the front pocket of her overalls, his head peeking out.

Esther ran over to the group of people with her arms extended. Peter Quill, her dad, crouched down and opened up his arms with a happy expression.
"Hey, little Starling-"

Instead of hugging him, the small girl embraced her BFF, Gamora. Peter stood up slowly, now with a disappointed look on his face. He gave Gamora a look before crossing his arms.

Behind Gamora stood a new person Esther didn't recognize.

"Who's that?" the little girl asked.

"My sister. She... she'll be staying with us for a while." Gamora replied. Esther gave the strange blue woman a suspicious look.

She made her way back to the common area where her crayons and markers were scattered around. Esther took out her drawing book. The book was black and had lots of different stickers.

She was finishing her drawing of her little family when Rocket entered the room.
"Hi, Rocky!" Esther greeted enthusiastically.
"Hey, look what I've got." the raccoon said and showed the girl his purse. Inside were three golden tubes. They were glowing and had small moons at the top.

The girl stared at them for a moment with wide eyes. "Cool!" she said in awe. The raccoon snickered and hid his purse, then hurried over to the front of the ship. A few minutes later, an alarm went off.

The grey-eyed girl quickly dropped her marker and rushed over to the cock pit.

"This is weird, we've got a sovereign fleet approaching from the rear." Esther's dad informed everyone.
"Why would they do that?" the blond girl asked in confusion and curiosity.