5 ⋆ Invisible Like Me

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

Seeing as Esther almost died because of Ego, Peter decided to give her weapons and other equipment to keep her safe.
Peter almost died too, but he cared more about Esther and her safety. Once the planet blew up they all hurried back to their ship but Peter stayed behind with his father.

Yondu saved him, but it cost him his life. They had a huge funeral as other scavengers gathered around and fired fireworks. It was so beautiful, the rainbow colors displayed in front of them.

"Look Dad look!" Esther exclaimed cheerfully.
A few weeks ago they landed on a peaceful planet where they could stay for a little while.
Esther stood outside with her new laser gun in hand, pointing it at a tree. The gun was blue & pink with lots of stickers covering the top.
She closed one eye and adjusted her stance. In just one second, the tree that stood several feet away began falling backward, a loud thud echoing around them.

"That's great, Esty." Peter ruffled her hair.
"See Dad, I told you it was a good idea to get me one."
"Sure kid." Peter chuckled at her.

"Soups ready!" Mantis called out. Everyone gathered around a fire with a kettle on top of it. Esther used her new jet boots to get there.

Esther also worked on her powers, and found two new things out: she could make people see things and she could heal people.

She could now change herself into a big scary monster or duplicate herself. She used those powers a lot to scare her family.

She'd make another version of herself and be invisible at the same time. Like that, she could sneak around and eavesdrop on them.
The healing power wasn't that strong and took a lot of energy, but she was still grateful for it. She sometimes wondered if her mother also had those powers.

After spending around a year on numerous planets and saving cities throughout the galaxies, they decided to get back on the road and save some more people. Esther also 'graduated' and could help them on their missions ever since she was able to control her powers.

The Rubberband Man by The Spinners played in the background as the guardians were flying through space.
"Sing it Drax!" Peter yelled at the sleeping man.

The rest of them were singing along while sitting in their seats.
"Why are we doing this again?" Rocket asked while yawning.

"It's a distress signal Rocket. Someone could be dying." Gamora answered sternly.

"I get that but why are we doing it?"