2 ⋆ Dad & Old Dad

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

Esther felt the floor beneath her shake as they roughly landed on the ground. Luckily, the seatbelt saved her and Groot. And Mr. Troll, can't forget him, of course.

In the distance, she heard Drax's booming voice through the ringing in her ear. "Ahaha, that was awesome! Haha, yes!" How was he even alive?

"Look at this, where's the other half of our ship?!" Gamora screamed. She was mad at both Peter and Rocket, so Esther copied her stance and put a dissatisfied and angry face on. Honestly, she was a little angry because now they didn't have a place to stay anymore. And, all of her drawings were probably ruined too.
The adults just kept arguing and making weird jokes that the girl didn't understand.

"What are we even arguing about? We just got saved by a tiny, little man that blew up 200 ships in one second. He's the real hero, not you, Dad."

"How little?" Drax asked, curious about her adjectives.

"I dunno, maybe like this little?" Esther answered, pinching her thumb and pointer finger together, about one inch apart.

"A one-inch man saved us?" Gamora asked unsurely with her hands on her hips. She'd think it was all in the girl's head, Esther had a lot of imagination. But, that would not explain the explosion so she had no other choice than to believe her.

"Well if he had gotten closer, I'm sure he would be much larger," she answered with a small shrug.

"That's not how eye-sight works, Esther."
Her now annoyed dad mimicked the tone she used before.

"Shut up!" the fed-up daughter responded, using the phrase she heard her dad use a lot. He'd say it when he was mad, irritated, tired, and even happy. She never understood why he used it so much, and wondered about the different meanings of the two-worded phrase.

Esther has always been an empath, more then you'd think. She'd cry her eyes out whenever she felt the overwhelming sense of sadness coming out of someone. Or she'd be happy even if the world ended, just because someone smiled.

"Hey! Watch your mouth!"
"You watch yours!"
The pair bickered back and forth, as if they were sworn enemies.

"Someone followed you through the jump point." the weird blue robot lady called out, making the pair forget all about their silly fight.

Everyone (except Esther,) took out their gun. Peter pushed her behind him as he walked backward, accidentally pushing her to the middle of the group.
The two sisters argued as everyone else stared at the white and orange egg-shaped 'spaceship'. As the ship approached the ground, its shape increasingly resembled that of an egg.

"You'd think an evil supervillain would learn how to properly lie," The older Quill said, still staring and only sparing a short side eye at the Blue sister.

"I bet it's the one-inch man," Drax suggested with a mix of excitement and confidence. Groot, Esther, and Rocket stayed silent, her mouth wide open as she stared up.

The egg landed right in front of them, damaging a few trees and bushes as it did so. Two tall cylinder forms could be vaguely seen through the orange entrance.

The group did not dare to take a step forward as the door opened from the middle, revealing an old man and an insect lady.

Both of them stepped out of the egg casually, not a word was uttered. The woman's posture was formal yet shy, while the old man was laid back and confident.

The woman's eyes nervously darted from the man to the ground, indicating that he was in a higher position. It was something Esther could naturally see as if it were a sixth sense. From little things like this, she knew they weren't meant to attack, yet she stayed hidden behind her dad's legs, her head peeking out.

"After all these years I've found you."
Esther hadn't seen a lot of humans in her eight years of existence, so she knew that he was talking to either her or her father.

"And who the fuck are you?"
Gamora sent a quick glare at him, knowing that if they weren't in this situation she would scold Peter for using that language in front of his daughter.

"I figured my good looks would make that obvious." the old man half shrugged, trying to seem casual. Esther squinted her eyes a bit. She wasn't sure for what though, whether it was because of the 'sixth sense' telling her that something was off, because of the confusing sentence, or because of the resemblance he had to her father.

"My name is Ego. And I'm your dad, Peter."
Esther's mouth literally dropped. My dad has a dad? I mean, she guessed that he had to come from somewhere, but still, it all seemed so weird to her.

The older father, who was too busy with Peter didn't notice the presence of his granddaughter. The shocked girl came out of hiding by taking a step to the side.

Her eyes and mouth still wide, she stared at her grandpa.
"...and I'm apparently a grandfather, too."
His smile grew, happy that his family was expanding even further.

"And who might you be?" The old guy asked his young blood relative.
It was already late and dark, everyone sat around a campfire eating some weird bird they hunted down.
"My name's Esther Quill, are you the one-inch man?"
The man who definitely wasn't one inch tall blinked twice. "Well, I don't know about that, Esther." he lightly chuckled.

"-But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why."
The grandpa told the story to Peter.

"Well, I'll tell you why, 'Cause I was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't which made it easier for thievin'. Tried using Esther too, I'm surprised they haven't tried kidnapping her yet."

"Well, I've been trying to track you down ever since."He took a bite of his food.

"I thought Yondu was your father,"
Drax said, confused.
"This whole time you thought Yondu was our actual blood relative?"
Peter asked with disbelief, wondering how anyone could ever make that stupid mis

"No, Drax, Yondu isn't my grandpa he's my uncle."
"You look exactly alike." He stated while chewing his food.

"Ones blue?!" Rocket exclaimed in disbelief.

"No, he's not my father, Yondu's the guy who abducted me, kicked the crap outta me so I could learn how to fight, and get me terrified threatening to eat me."

"Eat you?" Ego asked.
"Yea."
"Oh, that son of a bitch."
"How did you locate us now?"
"Well, we've heard tell about the man they call 'Starlord'... also about a girl named 'Starprincess'."
Esther smiled proudly at the little nickname.

———-
Sry for not being active for about a month or two 🤭🤭🤭