3 ⋆ Powers

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

⋆⭒˚。⋆🪐⋆⭒˚。⋆

"You're leaving me with a fox?!" Asked the blue angry lady. Esther now knew that her name was actually Nebula, but she preferred the other, more fitting name. "He's not a fox. Shoot her if she does anything suspicious." Her sister, Gamora, replied partly to her, and partly to the 'Fox'.

Esther walked up to the little Groot with a sympathetic smile. "Don't worry, it'll just be for a while." She reassured him while wiping his tear away. She picked up her small backpack with all of her essentials ( which were just crayons, her sketchbook and some books) and tried to catch up with her father who was walking along to the egg ship.
She sent a small wave to groot and rocket before slipping her hand into her father's. The Quills, Drax and Gamora were all going to Egos space ship.

She looked around the egg in awe, everything was white and modern. The hallways were lit by bright yellow light. The architects that made this must have been drunk, as the layout was quite impractical.

"Hey, can I ask you a personal question ?" Peter asked as they were sitting on weirdly comfortable couches. Esther expected them to be hard and made out of cement though.
"Oh..... no one ever asked me a personal question." Bug lady slowly replied.

"Your antenna, what are they for?" Peter asked his second question.
" their purpose?"  Mantis asked and looked up as if she had forgotten they were there.
"Yeah, Daddy and I have a bet," Esther said both expectantly and enthusiastically. She raised her eyebrows as she stared at the alien, waiting for her answer.

"Dude, you're not supposed to say that!" Her dad lightly chuckled. Mantis got a little confused as to why a father would call his own daughter 'dude' but didn't ask about it.

" I say, that if you're about to go through a doorway that's too low, your antenna will feel this and keep you from getting decapitated." Esther rambled a bit with her eyebrows being raised even higher now. Mantis was taken aback a bit at the girl's language.

"Right... and if it's for anything other than you specifically being decapitated by a door, I win," Peter replied, a smirk on his face.
"They're not for feeling doorways," Mantis said as if it was obvious, her slow and calm voice annoying Esther a bit.

Esther groaned loudly and crossed her arms. She glared at Peter with the meanest face she could come up with as he laughed and pointed at her. "I think, they have something to do with my empathetic abilities."
"Empa- what?" Esther asked forgetting that she was supposed to be angry at her dad.
"What are those?" Gamora asked for her, making her presence known. " if I touch someone, I can feel their feelings." She further explained.
"You can read minds?!", asked the youngest one, still confused.

"No, telepaths know thoughts. Empaths know feelings..." Mantis looked down in thought, "emotions."
Esther's mouth dropped a little. "May I ?" Asked the Empath. She placed her hand on Peters's hand, her antennas lighting up. Esther looked over to Gamora, as if to say 'Are you seeing this?'.
"Cool, so you're like, a flashlight?"