Chapter 11

The party ended and Taehyung was still sitting on that stool while his empty hand was now holding a glass of wine. 

People come and leave but it didn't matter to Taehyung, not when all his brain was playing that kissing scene virtually again and again in his mind. 

Taehyung was sitting alone and blinking his eyes slowly. He couldn't process that he was the only one left in the entire living room. He couldn't. 

His ears were still hearing the cheers of people, his eyes were still watching that scene again where some other man claimed something that belonged to him once, his heart was still breaking with a thrilling pain in his chest.

In that alone moment, Taehyung pictured his life without Jungkook. And his life felt gross to him. 

He came here to try one last time but Jungkook gave him a precious gift on his birthday that Taehyung doesn't know where to go from here.

His feet took him in front of Jungkook's room. Even if Taehyung felt lost, his eyes were always on Jungkook. He watched how Jungkook took his fiance's hand and brought him upstairs after the party ended.

Today…  Taehyung felt miserable. He bit his lips to stop his sobs when his forehead touched the door. 

Taehyung kept standing there, not knowing for how long. Until he heard something, something that crushed everything inside him and killed his once loved soul instantly.

Those were moans.

And Taehyung isn't a stranger to not knowing whom they belonged to. With a jerk, he pulled his head away from the door as if it burned him. 

He looked at the door with panicked eyes. His head shook frantically in refusal. No. No this can't be happening. 

The noises increased and Taehyung felt like killing himself just to not be able to hear those moans that his husband was making with another man.

He threw the glass on the door and that made the noises down a little. Taehyung heaved a breath properly. But the scattering noise went away too soon and the moans started resonating again.

Taehyung trashed the whole living room one by one. He tore everything just like Jungkook had torn his heart. 

He left nothing. Everything was on the floor, crushed. 

The noises went down with time and Taehyung found himself laying on the bar counter gulping the whole bottle without breathing once.

And he laughed loudly. He laughed when he popped the cover of another bottle. His steps wobbled but his laugh didn't die down, he ignored the wetness around his cheeks while trolling towards his room.

When the door slammed shut behind him, his back slipped over the door and Taehyung wailed.

He cried out in agony, thumping his chest just to make the pain go away.

But it wasn't going away. Why? 

Why?

Why?

Taehyung just had that question in his mind.