Chapter 19

Namjoon entered the operation room right after consoling his mother and sending her away from the hospital. She was sad and shocked at first but as soon as she came to know that the man he came here with is already gone to his home, she was desperate to go out too.

Namjoon didn't stop her. Didn't want to. Her mother consoled him for a few moments before excusing herself for a call.

She didn't come back and Namjoon knew she fled away from the hospital. 

Namjoon requested Jin to keep an eye on these three persons including his mother. Jin didn't ask further questions and was gone after kissing Namjoon's forehead and giving him a tight hug.

Namjoon's heart broke when he saw his little brother lying on the hospital bed. He closed his mouth to resist the stubborn sob that was trying to escape from his lips.

He hissed and wiped his tears. He approached the bed and caressed Jungkook's head a little," I will confront you, once you can keep your eyes open. You will have to listen to my scolding all day, I swear."

"But for now, brace yourself, brother. Because you are going to Taehyung."

"You are going to face him. I know it's cruel of me to do something like this to both of you but you left me no choice, Jungkook." 

"You left me no choice. You need to give us many answers. But first, you need to answer Taehyung. I can't imagine what pain he have to go through when he got to know about your suicide attempt and after what I planned...Media must have declared the news of your death by now."

"But don't worry. We are going to him. We are going to Daegu, away from here. I will manage everything here."

"I promise, I will protect you both. I don't know what had happened because you didn't trust me enough to tell but…" Namjoon controlled his tears, he was hurt as well.

"B-but from now on, you will see me like a wall between you and your sufferings. Just hold on a little." He moved over and kissed Jungkook's hair.

The younger was lying on the bed, eyes closed peacefully. Not knowing that his other half was at the stake of giving up on his life, after hearing the death news of him.

Because without Jungkook, there is no Taehyung.