Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Friends

At hindi lang pala si Max ang manggagamit. Pati na rin ang mga nakilala kong kaibigan...

I was still broken hearted about what happened to me and Max. So one time I went out to party with some of my friends. Dati pa nila akong iniimbita sa mga ganitong lakad pero hindi rin talaga ako makapunta dahil hindi naman ako pinapayagan nina Daddy. But for some reason he's allowed me this time pero may kasama akong bodyguard.

And maybe iniisip rin nila ni Daddy na nasaktan din ako sa nangyari sa akin and I need some time...

It's actually my first time to be in a loud party. The music was wild and everyone was dancing to it. And they were also drinking kaya napainom na rin ako ng konti.

But maybe because it was just my first time kaya naman nahilo na agad ako sa ininom. I wasn't worried, tho. Kasi nand'yan naman ang bodyguard na pinasama sa akin ni Daddy. Even when I pass out someone would bring me safely back home to my parents.

"Ali, did you and Max really broke up?" asked my one friend.

"Why did you two end your relationship?"

"Yes, Max was so hot!"

"Are you sure you wouldn't regret it?"

They all said their opinion about me and Max.

Until I told them that I needed a break and went to the ladies' room.

Parang hindi na nga rin nila ako masyado pang pinakinggan and they all just went on having fun in the party.

Medyo matagal ko rin na nakita ang washrooms. And I got in one cubicle.

But while I was inside I heard girls coming in and talking in their familiar voices...

Maybe they have forgotten that I went to the ladies' room, too.

At nanigas ako when I heard them clearly talking about me.

"What is Ali's problem for breaking up with Max?"

"Exactly! Like who does she think she is for breaking up with such a fine man?"

"Yeah. Who does she think she is? She's only Aletheia Rozovsky because she carries her family's name."

"Well, yes! Without the Rozovsky in her name she just seems boring."

"Yeah... Boring!"

"Boring Ali..."

And then all four of them started laughing as they were talking about me behind my back...

I shed tears pitifully inside the cubicle. I thought they were my friends... Until they're all gone and I got out of the ladies' room.

Hindi na rin ako bumalik pa sa mga kaibigan ko...

I just went and grabbed some alcoholic drinks na nakita at nadaanan ko lang. And I drank it straight. Naramdaman ko agad ang init ng alak sa lalamunan ko. Hindi pa ako sanay sa ganito.

And then the party went more wild than it already was. I also tried to join the crowd, but in the end I just felt like crying with all the betrayal that I felt...

Umalis ako sa party at umiyak sa labas.

I sat on the gutter and I feel like I was already drunk. In front of me was my looking problematic bodyguard.

Until someone just came and handed me a handkerchief because I was crying...

Nag-angat ako ng tingin sa kaniya.