Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Hate

"I just heard the maids in the mansion gossiping about Miss Aletheia and her ex-boyfriend... And the other Rozovskys in the house were too busy at the moment to really pay attention, pero tingin ko ay sumama si Miss Ali sa kaniya at umalis sila ng bansa... Pero ang paalam naman niya kanila Madam at Mr. Rozovsky na magbabakasyon lang daw siya, kaya baka bumalik din siya..." The bodyguard talked to me at that time.

But I couldn't anymore put that much sense into my brain at that time. I just recovered from the traumatic incident that had happened to me and my family. And now I'm back to only finding Aletheia gone, and the worst thing was she's even with her ex. And thinking that they're spending time now, ay para na akong mababaliw sa kakaisip.

May mga tanong ako sa kaniya. But she wasn't there to answer my questions.

Until time passed by. And I didn't get to even talk to Aletheia again after that...

Hindi ko na alam ang sunod kong gagawin. Kakamatay lang ng mga magulang ko at ni hindi ko alam kung saan ako uuwi o kung saan ako pupunta pagkatapos.

And I somehow lost my direction. Because it was actually Aletheia who gave me that before. Siya lang ang nagturo sa akin kung saan ba ako patutungo, and that was to a future with her... So I still kept on waiting for her. Sinabi ko sa sarili ko na handa pa rin akong makinig sa paliwanag niya kapag bumalik na siya...

But not until a news came to me. After many months had passed, ay nakipagkita sa akin ang ex ni Aletheia, instead of her. It was Maximilian Bauer.

I've known the guy since we already saw him before. And Aletheia also talked to me about him, too. And what he did to her. Kaya hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit sumama pa siya sa lalaki na 'to? After he had already hurt her.

"Where's Aletheia?" I asked him.

Kumunot pa ang noo niya sa akin. "She's with me. And she's not coming back to you." He told me.

I gritted my teeth in an instant. What was he talking about? Umiling ako. "Where is she? I want to personally talk to her..." I said. It was Aletheia that I wanted to talk with. And not him. Pero hindi ko alam kung bakit siya ang nandito...

And then I realized that if she doesn't want me anymore, then maybe there's just nothing I can do...

Kung talagang nagkabalikan na nga sila ng ex niya... na nasa harapan ko pa ngayon.

I cannot also force her just to be with me...

I can't do that to Aletheia.

"Enough. Stop it. Do you really think her family would accept someone like you?" Tiningnan niya ako na parang minamaliit pa ako.

Pero unti-unti na rin akong nanghihina... Because after all he has a point... Damn it!

I lost the little confidence that was left in me. While I was faced with Aletheia's rich ex-boyfriend. Unti-unti na ring bumaba ang tingin ko sa sarili ko...

Dahil tama siya... Sino ba naman ako para maghangad ng isang Aletheia Rozovsky?

He may have greater chance than me who's now without parents...

"She came back to me. And we're together again already. Don't make this hard for her anymore. She doesn't want to see you again..." He told me.

Pero bakit? Dahil ba, we lost our contact to each other? But I was at the hospital and was still healing. And I lost my phone, too. In the accident. Hindi ko rin talaga siya magawang makausap nang mga panahon na 'yon dahil bago pa lang sa akin ang nangyari sa pamilya ko at madalas lang din akong matulala pa noon habang nasa hospital ako at nagpapagaling. Wala akong ibang maisip noon kundi ang trauma na dinulot ng nangyaring aksidente sa akin na kinamatay pa ng mga magulang ko.

But when I got better I immediately went back for her, but I think it's too late now...

"And I actually went to see you just to give you your child." I saw his jaw tightened at the mention of that. "Bring your bastard wherever you want, just not here. Go to somewhere place else. Or go home to your country. Just not here in Germany. And just get lost. If you promise me that you will be gone in our lives forever then I will give you your child." He said.

While my eyes widened and I didn't get it right away. "What are you talking about..." I was so lost at first.

He sighed like he doesn't want to explain any further. "Your child. Is in my care right now. And I'm willing to give the baby to you right now. But only if you promise me to leave this country in an instant right after I give you the child." He said.

"What the hell?" I reacted. Gulong-gulo pa rin ako sa bigla bigla na lang niyang sinabi ngayon sa akin.

"Yes, hell. It would be hell if you don't follow my orders." He even had the guts to threaten me. "Listen here, Ali just gave birth to this child. And she doesn't want it either. You should even be glad and thank me for thinking of just handing this child to you. When I shouldn't care at all. We could just leave the child to any orphanage whatsoever."

I gritted my teeth at what he said as it's slowly sinking into me...

"Give it up. Get your child and leave this country. And never show your face again. Don't make it hard for Ali anymore. Isn't it enough that she still gave birth to your child despite if she doesn't want it? Because if she does I won't just be giving this child to you now. But Ali does not want the baby." He said.

"Let me talk to her—" I still tried.

"Shut up! The Rozovskys does not know about this either. We only keep this from them. Ali decided to hide this from her family. Because she wants to come out clean after all this."

That's why they leave the country together, and she gave birth in secret...

So Aletheia did that. Maybe she realized that I wasn't enough for her. And went back to her ex. In the end she doesn't want her child with me. At tinago rin niya sa mga magulang niya ang tungkol sa anak namin...

She doesn't want her family, the powerful Rozovsky clan, to know about her child with me...

Then, is this really what she wants?

Binigay na rin sa akin ni Max ang baby pagkatapos. And I was already holding her very little figure in my arms...

I wanted to cry.

I pitied myself. Pero mas naaawa ako sa anak ko...

This is my child.

I accepted it right away.

Susundin ko na rin ang gusto nila. Ang gusto ni Aletheia...

"Ali doesn't know about this. So keep this secret to your grave. She didn't even want to tell you about this. She never thought of telling you. I'm even the good guy here for giving you your child..." Max said.

"After this just get lost. You get it? Get lost with your bastard."

I wanted so much to punch his stupid face but I was already and carefully holding my child in my arms.

"And leave Ali alone. Never show your face to her again. You're just a mistake in her life. And now she's realized that mistake, she just wants to erase you and this child in her memory—"

"Just shut up." I warned him and shoot him dagger looks. Nakita kong parang medyo napaatras naman siya.

After that I never showed myself to them again... and my child...

I went back to the Philippines with my baby daughter. I will protect her and take her away in the place that doesn't want her...

I want her, anyway. Even the first time I met her I knew that already.

And that was also when I started to hate Aletheia Rozovsky... It's the hate that I felt for her for abandoning our daughter...