Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Bitchy

We also did a group work at Gerald's house. We're in the same group with Yelena and the others.

And I was just trying to help get the food for us from the kitchen when Yelena was there, too.

Kaming dalawa na naman ang naiwang mag-isa doon. And she just suddenly confronted me while we're alone...

Was this what she did to Emma before, too? I almost couldn't believe it. I thought I was the villain who once hurt this sweet girl's feelings. Muntikan pa nga ako i-hate din noon nang tuluyan ng mga classmates namin. Although it was still also my fault for being kind of rude. Just thank goodness Elias was there.

And I'm now a better person, or I'm just back to my old gentle self because of Elias...

"You were supposed to be hated by everyone..." She suddenly said this to me.

At napatingin naman ako sa kaniya. And I saw obvious anger in her eyes as she looked at me.

Medyo nagtaka pa nga ako sa reaction niya habang kausap niya ako ngayon. And then I decided to speak as well. "Uh, Yelena, is this still about what happened between us in the past?" I already apologized to her before. But I would understand if she still doesn't like me because of it... I was really rude to her as well at that time...

Pero nanatili lang naman siyang halos matalim at tumutusok pa rin ang tingin at mga mata niya sa akin. "The bitchy Rozovsky princess..." She said.

"Why didn't you just continue to be the bitch that you were?" She added and asked me.

I remained looking at her as well in front of me.

I admit that there was a time when I became and acted all bitchy, too. And that's because I put up a wall between me and the other people. That I have also become rude... And they thought I was just being the bitchy Rozovsky princess that people thought I was.

When the truth was, unlike what they thought, I may have been raised to be a princess in my family, but I was never that rude. I was not the bitchy princess. And I don't use that title and I didn't wish to act like one.

I was instead growing up...

But just not a lot of people saw and know that.

They didn't know the reason why I somehow changed...

And people changed for a reason. It may be because they were hurt. We just don't really know what others are going through in their lives. So we cannot judge...

I'm just glad that Elias still saw the real person in me. And I could be myself again especially when I'm with him.

Hinarap ko si Yelena. "What do you want, Yelena?" Although I think I already know it, and also based on what Emma have told me about her.

I didn't really want to judge her. Pero iyan ang pinapakita niya sa akin.

At nakumpirma ko pa nang bigla na lang niyang binitiwan ang food tray na hawak niya at mukhang sinalo pa niya ang nalaglag na pagkain kaya naman nadumihan siya. She obviously made a mess of herself on her own doing...

I was just shocked to see that Elias and our other classmate came in the kitchen as well. Sumakto pang ganoon na ang naabutan nila.

So this was what she wanted...

I almost couldn't believe what she did. Does she just want to make other people look bad, para siya ang mas magmukha pang mabait o ang biktima?

Halos hindi ako makapaniwala na may mga tao nga talagang ganito.

"What happened here..."

Tumingin ako kay Elias.

"Oh my, Yelena! You're in a mess." Agad din siyang dinaluhan ng kaibigan niya na kaklase rin namin.

And she just suddenly cried, too... "Ali did this to me!" And she suddenly put the blame on me!

Umiling naman ako kay Elias. Wala akong ginawa...

"What an old trick." Emma also came in and spoke.

Napatingin ako kay Emma. And I feel glad that she was here. Kasi hindi rin ako agad na nakapagsalita dahil sa gulat ko rin sa nangyari at sa biglang ginawa ni Yelena.

Pumasok pa si Emma sa kitchen at halos pumagitna rin sa amin. "Are you really this desperate, Yelena? Until now you're still putting the blame on other people and make them look bad for yourself?" Emma click her tongue.

Hindi naman nakasagot si Yelena sa sinabi ni Emma. And instead I saw her gritting her teeth while she looked at Emma. Ngumisi lang naman si Emma sa kaniya at umiling.

"Carleigh, please bring Yelena to the bathroom and help her wash up." Elias told our classmate.

Carleigh then nodded and helped Yelena get up.

Lumapit sa akin si Elias pagkatapos. And then he took the remaining food tray in my hand.

"You don't believe her when she said that I did it to her, do you?" I had to ask him.

Tumingin sa akin si Elias. Pagkatapos ay umiling naman siya. At parang doon pa lang ako nakahinga nang maluwag.

To be honest, I feel like I don't care if the world would hate me. As long as Elias would still believe in me...and remain on my side.

"Let's go back first to the others now." He said.

Ngumiti naman ako sa kaniya at tumango. Pagkatapos ay sumunod na rin.

And it was awkward between Yelena and us after that. Siguro ay nakaramdam na rin siya ng kahihiyan dahil nabuko na siya sa gawain niya...

I didn't really wish for her to suffer like this... Pero kagagawan niya rin kasi iyan.

At nalaman na rin ng lahat that she only tricked Emma as well back then. Na wala naman talagang kasalanan o ginawa sa kaniya si Emma dati.

And I think it's because most of our friends believes Elias. When he said that I didn't do anything to Yelena, people believed him. Elias Alexander have that good reputation to everyone. Kaya naman marami rin ang naniniwala sa kaniya.

And that put an end to Yelena's schemes...

"I think I know why Yelena did that."

I was out shopping with Emma, dahil nagyaya rin siya. And because I wasn't really doing anything important so I agree to meet with her.

"Why?"

"It's quite obvious. It's probably because of Alexander." She said.

Natigilan naman ako. "Because of..."

Emma nodded. "Maybe she likes him, and when she saw that you two had gotten closer, so she just wanted to ruin your relationship... That's probably it."

My lips parted at what Emma said.

At parang ngayon ko lang din naisip na maaring tama nga siya. Because there are other people who would also take interest on Elias...

He's a handsome guy. He's also clever and nice. And overall he's really gorgeous.

Kaya hindi malabo na may iba rin talagang mga babae ang magkakagusto sa kaniya...

So one day I just found myself confessing my feelings to Elias.

Because I realized that, ayaw ko rin na may makauna pa sa akin... I know I was crazy for thinking this. Pero hindi ko na rin talaga napigilan pa ang sarili ko.

Just the thought of losing him to someone else... It also scared me... Because I also want to be together with him.

"I like you, Elias." I bravely told him.

And I saw that his lips parted at what I just told him.