𝒊𝒊. Where art thou father?

CHAPTER TWO ━━ WHERE ART THOU FATHER?

THERE WAS LOUD THUNDER outside as soon as Eurydice stepped into her apartment complex

THERE WAS LOUD THUNDER outside as soon as Eurydice stepped into her apartment complex. It seemed like the gods were not on her side today if the weather was going to confuse like this. Not that she even believed in the gods in the first place, but she knows for a fact that they wouldn't like her. She sighed to herself as she watched the rain patter on the windows as walked towards the elevator to take her to her floor. She breathed in shakily as she held her backpack over her shoulders tightly.

She still wasn't really sure exactly what had happened that day. But all she knew was that she believed Percy, she knew that he didn't touch Nancy. Yet Grover told on him anyways, which accidentally got Eurydice involved as well. But Yancy wasn't a good school anyways if they let bullies like Nancy get away with tormenting others. In a way she was kind of glad that she had gotten kicked out, even if it wasn't what she had wanted. It wasn't Percy's fault, he shouldn't feel bad for what he couldn't control.

Eurydice would follow Percy to the ends of the earths because he was her best friend in the entire world. And now that they'll never see Grover again, he's all she has left. She doesn't think she'll ever understand why Grover did that to them. She clenched her fists at the thought of the dark haired boy, he was their friend! She trusted him! And she just- she can't stop thinking about it no matter how hard she tries.

Could she have done anything that he would have chosen not to tell on them? She doubts it but she hates that she can't stop thinking of all the possibilities in which she could have stopped all of this from happening. If she had done anything right her and Percy would probably still be at Yancy happily playing another game of Mythomagic with Grover. She unclenched her fists suddenly, feeling the pain in her hand when she pressed too hard. Eurydice never liked being angry, but her anger would always vanish too soon and then doubt comes in.

She heard the slight ding of the elevator opening up as she walked out towards her floor. The ding had shaken her out of her erratic thoughts, her mother had always said that she had a tendency to overthink every little thing that only made her feel worse in the end. She tried her best to try and stop it, but for some godawful reason she found no way to turn it off no matter how hard she tried. Her thoughts always overpowered her in someway, even when she tried the hardest she could to push them down.