𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. My best friend leaps to his effing death

CHAPTER EIGHT ━━ MY BEST FRIEND LEAPS TO HIS EFFING DEATH

THANK THE GODS (NOT YOU ZEUS) FOR THE GATEWAY ARCH or else they would have been goners

THANK THE GODS (NOT YOU ZEUS) FOR THE GATEWAY ARCH or else they would have been goners. Annabeth led the four of them down the stairs leading towards the large building while she ranted about the architecture of the arch itself. There was chatter of other people around them as they walked down the stairs to enter the building. If Eurydice was gonna be honest, the place was pretty cool. She would have thought it was cooler if they weren't running for their lives right now.

Annabeth seemed to be having the time of her life info dumping about architecture. "It's 630 feet wide. 630 feet tall, both to within an inch. It's got no internal support. Each side is balanced perfectly against the other." Eurydice tried her best to follow along, nodding even though she didn't understand a thing she meant. Measurements were beyond what she understood in school. She couldn't even do well in Math if she tried.

Annabeth continued ranting, it seemed that Eurydice was the only one of them actually listening as Grover and Percy were more concerned with speed walking inside. "The arch is held up by symmetry. It's held up by math." Eurydice winced dramatically. "I hate math." She had flashbacks to the summer math homework she was supposed to do, but obviously didn't get to. Annabeth hummed in thought. "Well, we can work on that." The girl said happily, being in her mother's temple seemed to be lifting her spirits up.

They naturally blended in with the other kids their age around the place with backpacks on. They were clearly on some kind of field trip, so they didn't look out of place. Which was lucky for them. She turned to Annabeth after a second. "What do you mean by we can work on it?" The other girl laughed. "I can tutor you." Annabeth said simply. "I think I'm a lost cause." Eurydice muttered dramatically, shaking her head at the other girl.

She just laughed in response. "We'll see about that." Wow, she was really determined to get Eurydice good at math. That takes dedication. She shrugged slightly as they walked down the stairs. "Okay then." Percy just gave her a really confused look, to which she shrugged again in response. Grover seemed used to Annabeth's ranting. It made sense since they had travelled together already.