𝒗𝒊. Medusa's curse

CHAPTER SIX ━━ MEDUSA'S CURSE

THERE WAS A BEAT OF silence that fell across the group

THERE WAS A BEAT OF silence that fell across the group. There was an air of hesitancy the fell within the group as they stared at the woman in cream white. She was wearing a hat, her eyes covered by a veil to obstruct anyone's view from her face. All they saw was the strangely calm's woman's red lips and shining white teeth showing as she spoke. Annabeth looked at the woman in suspicion. "Don't." She warned the group, smart enough to realize the danger they could be in. Medusa didn't seem phased by her suspicion at all. "We all choose who we make our monsters, but right now. That one wants to tear you limb from limb..." She spoke as the group stared down at the ground slightly in caution.

The woman seemed to have an offer for them. "And, I'm offering you lunch. The choice is yours." She said calmly. The group of kids could hear the woman's footsteps receding behind them. They had gone quieter with every step she took, letting them know she was gone. She really hadn't tried to kill them. Which was... interesting to say the least. She really would have expected her to have killed them, maybe out of spite. But she didn't. Which made Eurydice feel a strange sense of sympathy for the woman. "I think we can trust her." Percy muttered as the group looked up from their eyes on the ground.

Annabeth and Grover started at him in outrage. "What?" She yelled in unison. Percy sighed, as Eurydice frowned. "I mean.. I do kind of feel bad for her." She muttered softly as she recalled the two versions of Medusa's story she had been taught. Percy nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I can't explain, I just- My mom used to tell me her story." He explained. "And the point was always that she isn't what people think, and I definitely trust my mom." The other two members of their group went quiet at that. "So I'm going in. You guys do what you want." Percy said quickly, stubborn as always.

As he walked away she needed a second to process him leaving. She blinked as she frantically ran towards him. "Hold on! I'm coming with you." She yelled as she ran over to the blonde, who smiled at her slightly. A couple of seconds later she heard more footsteps, but ignored them as she and Percy walked into the building. There was a sign she saw at the front of the building that read Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium. So, the great Medusa's lair was just a plant shop? Well, she didn't expect that.