ₜₕₑ Fᵤₙₑᵣₐₗ

Today was the day of Hans funeral. I don't know if I could manage even getting up. I only got up cause Jesse dragged me out of bed.

    We were at the funeral. I leaning in Jesse's arms as he was holding me. I saw Charlie look over at me with sadness as Jesse glared at him. Knowing what he did. I gave Jesse a smile before turning back to the priest.

    "Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed thy name, forgive our trespass against us.".The priest preached.

    "Excuse me, one second," Bombay came out of no where. He began to place Hans Duck jersey on the casket. You could tell coach was holding back tears. "Every time you touch the ice, remember it was Hans who taught us to fly." He looked at the whole team.

    "Father, may I say some words?" I asked the priest.

    "Yes, child." He accepted my request.

    "Hans was one of the most important people in my life. He knew me since I was very young. He always had a way with words. He was one of a kind, very wise in the mind. Always welcoming me with a warm embrace and sweet smile." I started to tear up, but kept my voice unwavering. "Hans listened to my problems," I looked to Charlie. "He was there waiting to listen to someone who didn't have the best day. He was one of those people I could confide in. I swear In a another life me and Hans could of been best friends. I couldn't wrap my head around the news. Hans will always be a piece of my heart, my mind and soul. The realest Duck any of us could ever know." I finished.

    I covered my New Yorkian accent as I spoke. I wanted to sound professional and clear when I spoke.

    Everyone clapped and I went to go hug Ada. this time. He stood there holding me as they lowered his casket and I wouldn't dare look. Few minutes later, the ceremony ended.

    Coach pulled me aside and called me brave for speaking. "I'm sorry, Coach. Last time we spoke I wasn't nice. Like Hans once told me 'forgiveness is not about letting someone off the hook for their actions, but freeing ourselves of negative energies that blind us to them.'" I recited, still hiding my accent.

    He side hugged me before walking off somewhere. I was heading back to the team when Charlie came up to me. "Aruna, we have to talk."

    I'm still salty at him and didn't want to ruin the day. "I'm good, Conway." I tried walking away.

    He grabbed my wrist, stopping me from leaving. "I need you, Aruna." He began to cry into my shoulder. I stood there, unsure if I should say or do anything. "Do you still love me..?"

    I look up to his teary eyed face and said the truth. "I don't. We're toxic, Conway. Toxic. We both deserve better, see ya." I patted his shoulder and left.

    Did I feel bad? No. Well, maybe. Did I say the truth? Yes. I can't really believe Charlie thought he could waltz his way back in my life after everything that happened.

    Wow.