-5-

𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
After watching Y/n run out of my room I was left confused about what she was doing, and call me gullible but I couldn't even fathom her trying to listen in on me.

But that didn't mean I wasn't aware of it being a possibility.

At first, I wondered if I should get up and at least check on her, but I doubted she'd want to talk about what just happened, so I decided to just get dressed for dinner and talk to her about it later.

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
After finally getting myself calm again I had begun to get dressed for dinner, trying to occupy my mind with anything that wasn't about what just happened.

I didn't even realize I was done getting ready till I was rubbing in shea butter and putting on perfume and perfume oils.
Fit check

My braids were also left down as well as I had placed on some lipgloss

But not that I was ready I had unlocked my door so Farleigh would be able to leave as well, but I didn't stay for long as I left to the dining room, seeing everyone else at the table and also dressed up.

"There you are, looking gorgeous as always" Elspeth smiles, yes you look absolutely lovely" Charles adds.

"Thank you, you all look just as lovely as well" I smiled, now taking my seat next to Venetia as Pamela talked about some boring topic.

And finally, Farleigh had shown up, greeting the room despite his gaze only on me.

"Hm did something happen?" Venetia teased as I lightly hit her hand, ignoring her question as well.

Once Farleigh sat down dinner was brought out and I tried my best to not look at him in fear of embarrassment.

"So, earlier?" Farleigh brought up, my stomach dropping "I didn't see anything, I w-" "huh? I was gonna ask if you found that thing"

Now I was left confused for a second while Farleigh was eating like nothing was wrong.

"Um yeah, I found it," I say, looking over to see my friend nod "Good, can't have you falling through doors anymore," Farleigh says, a wink of his eye to give away that he was trying to save me from embarrassment, which he did.

Dinner continued on and for the most part, it was like nothing had happened, so I played along as such.

By the end of dinner, we were all smiles and laughter, and eventually, we had left for our rooms, Farleigh and I walking together.

At first, we were in a comfortable silence beside the click of my heels and the light whispers of the wind outside.

But suddenly I was stopped thanks to Farleigh standing in front of me, my body hitting against his before I attempted to take a step back, which failed thanks to the man's sudden hold keeping me close.

"So, let's be honest now, what did you see or hear earlier?" I was shocked by Farleigh's switch in behavior, his voice was lower than usual, his lips lightly grazing my ear before he leaned up to look me in my eyes.

"I didn't-" "I saw you, Beautiful, and don't you think it's weird I didn't lock my door?" His tone was condescending and I realized that I had been caught.

"Aw look at you, don't worry I'm not upset, I wanted you to see," Farleigh says before kissing my forehead, a playful grin on his lips as he begins to walk again towards our room.

"Don't stand there too long, it's a breezy night" "I- shut up" I rolled my eyes before catching up to Farleigh as we went into our rooms for the night, winding down and getting ready for bed.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 635